May 06, 2024, 08:48:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1556009 times)
terry t

« Reply #3720 on: September 28, 2011, 10:39:02 AM »

Have you lost park again ,as that was one of the jobs I took care of Saturday?

Yes, you need to sort that with Wimbledon as it isn't a rebuild of that vehicle but a brand new build up using that Pop (chopped about) body which has no identity in its own right or in the points system.

I should be able to come over Saturday again ,did you say you'd be there this Friday ? If so I could come over and set the engine up then without stopping too much progress .
Kev i think some of the wiring has been disconnected to rad fan.no water in system.fuel pump not wired.and main battery cable not sure about ignition switch wires
kapri

« Reply #3721 on: September 28, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »

I should be able to lash up a quick fire up only circuit, withthe wheels up to avoid inhibitor problems .Is the alternator wiring connected to the battery ?
terry t

« Reply #3722 on: September 28, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »

I should be able to lash up a quick fire up only circuit, withthe wheels up to avoid inhibitor problems .Is the alternator wiring connected to the battery ?
No it was never connected just ran off battery
snafu

« Reply #3723 on: September 28, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »

Had a look at work unfortunately the mini I thought had the early type speedo has a latter type, so don't have the old type bulb holders
terry t

« Reply #3724 on: September 28, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »

Had a look at work unfortunately the mini I thought had the early type speedo has a latter type, so don't have the old type bulb holders
Thanks for looking anyway
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3725 on: September 28, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »

Yes Kev, I've got Friday & Saturday off work, then on holiday for 2 weeks, so will be at the workshop. When we pushed the truck back into the workshop last weekend, we found it rolled straight in, despite apparently being in Park. Not even the clicking of it partially engaging. Needs a proper lookin' at I'm afraid.
I rang the test centre in Southampton this morning & managed to rearrange the test date -we're now going exactly a week later -Monday the 10th of October at 1pm. So that's bought us a bit of breathing space.
Still got to push on though as there's still lots to sort out. I'd rather be ready a few days early & have time to pretty things up a bit, than relax & end up with another last minute rush, but it's taken the pressure off a bit.
We've been struggling to bleed the brakes for the last couple of days -one of the reservoir to cylinder pipe unions is pouring fluid out. So PD tried to order a brake cylinder repair kit to fix the leak, but couldn't get one. However he managed to find a new cylinder for 38 quid, so we'll swap the whole thing. Loony was busy fixing his busted driveshaft this afternoon, so no Poppin' today. To be honest, I'm scratching around, trying to find things I can do at the moment,  At Loony's suggestion, I actually took the afternoon off today & went home to mow the lawn -bliss! -though I did stop at a local tool shop & picked up new grease nipples for the king pins.   
I've also had a letter from Wimbledon DVLA, (my local office).

Dear Mr Field,
399 UXM
Your Vehicle Registration Office issued VIN was issued to your vehicle on 15th June 2011.
Please can you submit the completed letter confirming that the VIN has been stamped into the vehicle with either the relevant documentation to complete the vehicle or a letter to update us of the progress of the build.

-? what completed letter?

399 UXM was the registration of the original Pop, but wasn't on any of the forms I filled in to get the VIN, so I don't know why they've quoted it. Sounds like they think I'm rebuilding the original car. Maybe they've looked at my SORN declaration for the Pop & just assumed I'm using that. I wrote a long email last night to the girl I dealt with at Wimbledon, but it was returned marked undeliverable today, saying Government departments don't accept unsolicited emails. So I'll have to phone them tomorrow morning. I'm concerned they'll wait till 2 days before the SVA test then declare the VIN invalid.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tbone

« Reply #3726 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »

You`d have thought the DVLA would be used to your work rate by now  Grin

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3727 on: September 28, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »

Yeah, they issued Taz & I with VIN numbers for our trike builds about 4 years ago & have never chased us for info about them -no, they're not finished yet.

kapri

« Reply #3728 on: September 28, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »

I'll be up Saturday ( all being well) to carry on my apprenticeship with Terry then Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3729 on: September 28, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »

Grease monkey?
As I said in my email Kev, fresh faces & fresh enthusiasm make a huge difference.  Smiley

Cabman77

« Reply #3730 on: September 29, 2011, 08:03:01 AM »

I take it you`ll ba hard at it on sunday?Huh? I`ll miss the Rugby and see you there. Don`t know what there is to do but will do what I can. I`ll bring the camp stove and a frying pan so Cuddles can keep busy with the bacon sarnies. How does that sound?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
terry t

« Reply #3731 on: September 29, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »

I take it you`ll ba hard at it on sunday?Huh? I`ll miss the Rugby and see you there. Don`t know what there is to do but will do what I can. I`ll bring the camp stove and a frying pan so Cuddles can keep busy with the bacon sarnies. How does that sound?  Grin Grin Grin Grin
sounds good to me mate.we will put the radio on for the football sorry rugby  Grin
Cabman77

« Reply #3732 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »

Talksport MW 1089  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
terry t

« Reply #3733 on: September 29, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »

here's the last part of the wiring the heart of it all

that will be put in here to try and keep it tidy

then all the looms will join up under the front seat with the fuse and relay box  Smiley Smiley
and here it is all set up in the dash

i could not get the sleeving on the wires behind the dash. but will sleeve the bottom exposed part when fitted in place

all ready to be fitted and joined together by my no 1 apprentice  Smiley Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3734 on: September 29, 2011, 09:28:43 PM »

Jeez, that's a lot of wire! Hope we can still squeeze the dash back in the car with that lot in place!
I've got a sheet of stickers of the symbols for the switches, but they're white on a clear background, so we'll have to squirt some black paint on the dash, even if it's only above the switches, (got a fresh spraycan in the workshop).
Mr Cabman, it's not my 'shop, it's Loony's, but I assume he'll be there on Sunday. Are you coming up both Saturday & Sunday Terry? Bringing Kev with you both days?
Swapped the leaking brake master cylinder for the new one PD acquired today. Also the new grease nipples in the front beam & greased the kingpins.
Found the rear reflectors & fitted them, as well as the new number plate lights. Oh, & the new front wheel nuts arrived.
Picking up all the little jobs at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:44:00 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: