May 06, 2024, 08:27:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555992 times)
spanners

« Reply #3705 on: September 26, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »

ancient rover?Huh? if it bust a shaft its front wheel drive ??  === hence to modern  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Undecided == tuff -sh1te ===========================================

==get a real rover = - pre 1970  Wink Wink Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
lunatic

« Reply #3706 on: September 27, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »

To be fair its a hell of a lot better than an old 70s one! Thats the only thing ive broken in 8 years, built by honda, not rover, thats why it works!
spanners

« Reply #3707 on: September 27, 2011, 12:58:47 PM »

To be fair its a hell of a lot better than an old 70s one! Thats the only thing ive broken in 8 years, built by honda, not rover, thats why it works!

like the old triumph acclaim that was really a honda accord  Smiley

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Cabman77

« Reply #3708 on: September 27, 2011, 02:29:32 PM »

The Rover 75 was the best developed car that Rover ever built, get a diesel one and you`ve got a bullet proof BM lump in it, and the MG versions were wicked too, had one on hire one weekend to go to my son`s in Exeter, was cruising at 110 and didn`t realise it!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
baggie

« Reply #3709 on: September 27, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »

i had a 620ti rover very fast car 200hp+ 150mph top end had a lot of fun in this car  Grin Grin
my daily run about is a Nissan titan 5.6 320bhp its a lot of fun to  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

rev the balls off it sweaty
terry t

« Reply #3710 on: September 27, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »

here's the last part of the wiring the heart of it all

that will be put in here to try and keep it tidy

then all the looms will join up under the front seat with the fuse and relay box  Smiley Smiley
snafu

« Reply #3711 on: September 27, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »

wanted speedo clock lights.has any one got in there box of bits the push in lights for this speedo there are 5 of them it from the Austin/Morris range of 60/70 vehicle
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ljniu8.jpg
Manky's Pop.

I think I may have some at work, will look tomorrow.
tbone

« Reply #3712 on: September 27, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »

here's the last part of the wiring the heart of it all

that will be put in here to try and keep it tidy

then all the looms will join up under the front seat with the fuse and relay box  Smiley Smiley

I can feel the power surging through those arteries  Grin.

Have a look at this Terry or Andy...........http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-Classic-Speedometer-Fuel-Gauge-85mph-Indicators-oil-and-Ignition-Lights-/190581917795?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5f914863

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
terry t

« Reply #3713 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:20 PM »

I can feel the power surging through those arteries  .

i just hope that when its all joined together it come alive and works  Grin
tbone

« Reply #3714 on: September 27, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »

Tis lonely at the top when it all goes wrong  Grin Grin Grin  Roll Eyes

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
DIZZY

Ride it like you want it

« Reply #3715 on: September 27, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »

Well if it works as well as it looks, you will be fine  Roll Eyes

Dizzy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3716 on: September 27, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »

Looks like you've been busy Terry. Thank you.
I'll watch that other speedo on Ebay -might come in handy for spare parts. I bought the original for 10 quid, brand new still in it's box, from an autojumble stall. We've managed to spray the glass with grinding sparks though, (the tiny specks of metal melt into the glass then go rusty), so might swap the glass for the spare if that one sells cheap enough. I was told mine's from a Morris Oxford.
Talking of glass, we fitted the original Morris Minor rear window in the truck this evening. The top half of the cab back's a much modified Moggy Minor panel. Took Loony, PD, Big Darren & me, (munching biscuits & overseeing the operation), to fit it. The front screen had us beat though. After several attempts we gave up & Loony rang a mate who's an ex windscreen fitter. He's coming over on Friday evening to take a look. Trouble is, if the glass turns out to be too big, we won't be able to trim it before Monday's test. 
Loony added another couple of interior panels today, finishing off the footwells. I pottered around tidying bits & pieces, as well as screwing down the temporary wooden pick-up bed floor.
Jobs left to do:
fit the front screen.
get both doors opening & shutting & fit catches & handles.
sort out the gearchange linkage, (we've lost Park at the moment). Just a matter of adjusting the length of the connecting linkage rods, but must be done so we can drive it.
fit the handbrake & adjust it up.
re-bleed the brakes, (we've got a leak from the master cylinder).
get the engine running & adjust the carb mixture to suit the emissions requirements.
re-fit all the lights, (can't find the rear reflectors).
fit the seats.
finish & test the wiring.
fill the fuel tank & check tank & pipes for leaks.
fill the radiator & check it & the pipes for leaks.
fill everything that needs it with oil.

Lots of small jobs today, (like bolting the steering wheel on after remembering the centre nut was only hand tight), so not really worth photographing at the moment.
Time's getting very tight now. I'm actually going to phone the test centre tomorrow to ask if we can postpone the test from Monday till Friday to give us an extra couple of days, but I think it's too short notice to change it now. I've also had a letter from the DVLA office in Wimbledon asking for an update on my vehicle's build after they issued the VIN number. The letter's headed with the Pop's original registration number though. Sounds like they think I'm rebuilding the original vehicle, rather than a new build, even though they've got the forms for the VIN application. So another phone call to them tomorrow too.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:27:50 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Archie

« Reply #3717 on: September 27, 2011, 10:46:08 PM »

Out on the a30 coming towards Basingstoke I see a sign saying window tinting and glass cutting. Could be worth a shout if you get stuck?

Or get some laminate for now and hand cut it?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3718 on: September 27, 2011, 10:49:57 PM »

Thanks for the info Archibald.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
kapri

« Reply #3719 on: September 28, 2011, 08:21:51 AM »

Have you lost park again ,as that was one of the jobs I took care of Saturday?

Yes, you need to sort that with Wimbledon as it isn't a rebuild of that vehicle but a brand new build up using that Pop (chopped about) body which has no identity in its own right or in the points system.

I should be able to come over Saturday again ,did you say you'd be there this Friday ? If so I could come over and set the engine up then without stopping too much progress .
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:26:01 AM by kapri » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: