May 06, 2024, 03:29:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555837 times)
poprodder

« Reply #3630 on: September 08, 2011, 09:53:31 PM »

thats when i return to work, part time!!

Firery Fred

« Reply #3631 on: September 09, 2011, 07:00:08 AM »

Fingers and everything else crossed up here  Smiley

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3632 on: September 09, 2011, 06:01:25 PM »

Well, I've paid for the test, but have to wait for them to send me a date in the post. I'm told I can then say I can't make it & arrange another date if needed. Still aiming for Monday the 3rd of October if we can. That gives us 3 short weeks.
A very long day at work today, followed by several errands to run & Loony going home early after painting some car wheels, meant no progress today, but I did manage to measure up for the front & back windscreen rubbers, so will order those up. Also need to buy some sealant for the petrol tank & some bulb holders for the speedo as they're missing.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #3633 on: September 09, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »

good luck, looks like your going to need it!!!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3634 on: September 11, 2011, 08:14:50 PM »

One of those days today when nothing seems to go right.
Measured up some 1" x 1" box section for the sills, then cut one the right length & the other 1/2 an inch too short. Poo.
So spent more time cutting an offcut & a slug to extend it cos it the only piece we had. Measure twice, bugger it up once.
Then I began adapting the dip switch housing on the steering column to take the new combined dip switch/horn button. A bit of grinding & welding then all it needed was a couple of holes drilled & tapped. Gently wind in the 4mm tap, being careful not to ...snap. Poo.
So now I need another tap & a drill bit to suit.
Really starting to feel the pressure now & making mistakes don't help.
The day was brightened though, by an impromptu visit from Mr PantherShaun & his lady Hayley, passing through on their way home to Kent. Great to see you guys. Next year Shaun, next year  Wink

terry t

« Reply #3635 on: September 11, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »

this is the three main looms.they will all terminate under the passengers seat where the main fuse/relay box will be. all the rear lights have been made up. ready just to bolt on an plug in.i have used two colours and cable size wire for ease of use
  rear loom

front loom

engine bay loom

the next one to make is the cab loom.this is for all the switches wiper motor washer pump heater
the auto gear box park start switch and reversing light and side repeaters will be on this loom.
this one will be made insitu. HELP

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3636 on: September 11, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »

You need Help!
I haven't even fitted the floor for you to fit the wiring module to yet!

panthershaun

« Reply #3637 on: September 11, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »

shame we couldn't have stayed longer and lent a hand mate, but bloody impressed with all I saw.... makes me want to bury mine now  Cry Cry Cry Wink

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3638 on: September 13, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »

Don't be daft mate -we've got a head to head at the track next year, remember!   Grin
Made a start on the door sills today. They're made from 1" square box section, welded to the bottom of the body corner posts. these tie the bottom corners of the door openings together & will hopefully mean we can eventually lift the body off the chassis without it losing it's shape. No, this one's not welded on straight. Yes, it'll be cut off tomorrow & re-done.  Tongue
One it's sorted I'll fold a right angle in a strip of sheet steel & Mr L will weld it along the edge of the floor to form a step which can be screwed to the sill rail. We plan to add some sheet steel along the front face of the sill, to mimic the door shape. We may also have to trim the ends of the sills to clear the exhausts.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3639 on: September 13, 2011, 09:58:41 PM »

I'd hoped to use the central horn push in the Morris Minor steering wheel, but because we've cut n shut the column, the wiring no longer works as it should. So I've swapped the push button Hi/lo headlight dip switch, mounted on a stalk off the side of the steering column, for a combined horn/dip switch. This is a replica 1950s motorcycle unit, picked up on Ebay, which normally clamps around the handlebars. I had to sleeve the original mount with some bigger diameter tube, but it looks quite tidy & is easy to use. The housing might get nickel plated at some point.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3640 on: September 13, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »

The windscreen rubber arrived in the post today, so I can make a template & get the glass cut to size.
I bought the rubber from Woolies Trim online. They sell it by the metre so I need to fit it around the screen opening & cut it to length.
I also called at Waldham Engineering in Basingstoke this afternoon. It's run by my good mate Doug, a member of the Guzzlers car club & owner of a big block Ford powered mark 2 Zephyr. He's CAD engraved a vehicle weight plate for me. This needs to be fixed in an easily accessible place on the truck for the test, but is too pretty to hide away, so I think we'll just rivet it to the bulkhead in the engine bay. Thanks Doug.  Wink

Al

« Reply #3641 on: September 14, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »

oh mr manky i didnt realise you were a snob what happened to the chassis number with the teap marks all squint all over the place

that looks minted andy attention to detail i never even knew you get that done always thought had to be done through vosa learn something knew everyday
the switch looks good as well and not out of place
al
andyrennison

« Reply #3642 on: September 14, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »

this is the three main looms.they will all terminate under the passengers seat where the main fuse/relay box will be. all the rear lights have been made up. ready just to bolt on an plug in.i have used two colours and cable size wire for ease of use

Looks ace !

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
terry t

« Reply #3643 on: September 14, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »

rear loom

front loom

engine bay loom

the next one to make is the cab loom.this is for all the switches wiper motor washer pump heater
the auto gear box park start switch and reversing light and side repeaters will be on this loom.
this one will be made insitu. HELP
more cable and conectors.
how much wire do you need to wire a Manky1  motor. Huh
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:22:43 PM by terry t » Logged
poprodder

« Reply #3644 on: September 14, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »

will be worth more soon with weigh in value!!!!  lol

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: