May 06, 2024, 04:30:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555888 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3585 on: August 30, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »

My day off today & I'm trawling through my old computer hunting out photos of the build up. The testers require a selection of photos & receipts to prove we've built it ourselves & not paid a shop to do it, (the commercial SVA test we're going for is for amateur built commercials).
Found this one of the bare chassis rails. Taken on the 2nd of April 2008. Seems like a million years ago now!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
cunningplan

« Reply #3586 on: August 30, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »

My day off today & I'm trawling through my old computer hunting out photos of the build up. The testers require a selection of photos & receipts to prove we've built it ourselves & not paid a shop to do it, (the commercial SVA test we're going for is for amateur built commercials).
Found this one of the bare chassis rails. Taken on the 2nd of April 2008. Seems like a million years ago now!

Looks like nothings changed then  Roll Eyes (Mind you, I can talk  Cry)
kapri

« Reply #3587 on: August 30, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »

Getting time and money together at the same time is usually the biggest stumbling block to a quick build  Cry
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3588 on: August 30, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »

Very true Kev. I've got not a lot of either at the moment.
In case you haven't read Terry's thread, an anonynous -& very big hearted- forum reader has matched Nabsim's donation of wiring materials, meaning we, Terry, now has all the components he needs to wire the truck up. Whoever you are, I'd just like to say a public thank you. We really do have the best forumers in the World here. Thanks guys.  Kiss
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:31:00 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #3589 on: August 30, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »

this forum does seem to be quite short on w*nkers
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:31:31 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3590 on: August 30, 2011, 09:32:48 PM »

We get 'em from time to time Ben, but they usually don't stay long.
We're a happy, fluffy little forum & proud of it.  Kiss

spanners

« Reply #3591 on: August 30, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »

this forum does seem to be quite short on w*nkers

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink here ya are some  Wink- Wink- Wink- Wink- Wink- Wink winkers for you  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
kapri

« Reply #3592 on: August 31, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »

In case you haven't read Terry's thread, an anonynous -& very big hearted- forum reader has matched Nabsim's donation of wiring materials, meaning we, Terry, now has all the components he needs to wire the truck up. Whoever you are, I'd just like to say a public thank you. We really do have the best forumers in the World here. Thanks guys.  Kiss

That's very cool to hear .Just wish I could be more hands on for you at the mo Sad
hornet6

« Reply #3593 on: August 31, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »

Same here.Would have loved to have come down on the weekends to help out.....but your approx 150 mile away.

no projects ever finished
terry t

« Reply #3594 on: August 31, 2011, 06:46:38 PM »

That's very cool to hear .Just wish I could be more hands on for you at the mo Sad
Your technical input is more than enough. Kev
and i am sure that Andy and Marcus would agree
hunter

« Reply #3595 on: August 31, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »

MR M,I don't know what you have decided on paint, but this must be worth a look.
http://blitzblack.com/

I
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3596 on: August 31, 2011, 09:54:47 PM »

Even just a workshop visit to boost morale makes a big difference. I like to think that's what we all do here -a bunch of virtual mates who turn up at your shed to check out your project, take the mickey & drink all your beer.  Tongue
Mr Hunter, it'll be temporary satin black for the test, then glossiest glossy black gloss afterwards. 

dobber

« Reply #3597 on: August 31, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »

spirits up is the best thing. aint been on for a while due to work but sounds like things have moved on. agree that there are  decent guys on here.

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3598 on: September 01, 2011, 10:37:01 PM »

By the time I've finished trudging the streets in the late Summer heat, delivering Her Majesty's Mail, I really don't feel like spending the rest of the afternoon in the workshop, but it's gotta be done or I'll never get on the road. Loony was down at the Dorset steam fair today, so I spent a couple of hours quietly pottering in the workshop on my own.
I know in my head what I want to do with the gearbox tunnel, but interpretting that in 3 dimensional sheet metal ain't easy. I'm working my way forward towards the bulkhead, but really have no idea what it's gonna attach to when I get there.
Today I started by modifying the section Terry made to incorporate a recess for the heater valve. This is a 1/2" bore steam pipe valve, which we're using to regulate the flow of hot water to the heater mounted at the back of the cab. Obviously the recess had to be big enough to get my fingers around the valve wheel. The 3 bits of tube & plate are held together with masking tape for now until Mr L stitches them together with the MIG.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:38:32 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3599 on: September 01, 2011, 10:50:20 PM »

Moving on, I rolled a 6" wide strip of sheet to curve up over the gear selector. I know Loony won't like this as he's keen to leave the gnarly lookin' selector mechanism on show. That would involve unbolting the whole thing, cutting the tunnel to suit & bolting it back down on top, which would mean the tunnel would be bolted directly to the gearbox & would probably vibrate like mad. I'd rather the tunnel was free standing. I picked up this rubber gaiter at a swapmeet last year. Loony thinks it looks too "Street Roddy", (smooth & high tech), but I want to make the cab as weatherproof as possible, so want a gaiter to seal the opening around the stick.
Still experimenting with this. I want the rolled top on the tunnel, rather than flat panels & sharp edges, but that makes it quite tall. I think it needs a sloping piece running back to the previous tunnel section. I'll work my way forward, bit by bit, then we can tack it all together once we're happy with it.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: