May 06, 2024, 02:35:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1555784 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3555 on: August 18, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »

Open.
Just like a real door.  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
chopper charlie

Making a mockery of mechanical ingenuity

« Reply #3556 on: August 18, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »

Ha, i was gonna weld the doors up on the gasser, then remembered how high it is, and how short i am

Firing on all eight
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3557 on: August 18, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »

Grin

Cabman77

« Reply #3558 on: August 20, 2011, 07:55:09 AM »

The ManFlu product or Loony's metalworking skills BG?
I kinda like the doors welded up. Gives the bodyshell a nice, rounded look, but would make getting in & out kinda difficult.

dooks of hazard  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3559 on: August 20, 2011, 07:19:24 PM »

Tazet was thinking of having Dukes of Tazzard painted on her Charger.
-NO!
No progress as such on the Pop today, but a bit of a planning meeting between Loony, Terry T & myself. I've ordered a ready made fuse/relay/connector board from Car Builder Solutions. It's about 6 inches square & contains all the relays n stuff we'll need. Plan to mount it in the cab, under the passenger seat. So Tel brought along a ball of string & we laid out a string "wiring loom" to give him some idea of how much of each amperage of wire we'll need & where the connector blocks need to go. He's going to do it all in black, with different coloured heatshrink sleeving tags to identify each circuit.
Wiring means absolutely nothing to me, but I'm pretty sure string won't work, even if we knot it very tightly to all the electrical components.
I'll plod on with routing brake pipes & fuel lines & anything else underneath the truck that needs doing this week & Loony will tackle the other door & sills when he gets a chance. We'll have a bit of a forum get-together & building bash next Sunday to try & bosh out the interior floor & bulkhead panels, then Terry can do his thing with the wiring afterwards. That's our sort of plan thing.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:30:05 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3560 on: August 23, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »

Bought in a stock of sheet steel after work today from the local supplier, ready for the Manky Pop buildfest this weekend, (a couple of our erstwhile forum members giving up their Bank Holiday Sundays to give us a hand). Appreciate it guys.  Wink
Also received a couple of bits & pieces in the post.
A replica 50s motorcycle horn dip/switch.
The hi/low dip switch I've mounted off the steering column's a bit cheap & nasty & feels like it won't last long. The horn push in the centre of the Morris Minor steering wheel uses a wire that runs down inside the column, but because we've cut & welded the column, adding a solid slug in the middle, it can't. That means an external wire, which would probably coil around the column every time the wheel's turned. So a horn/dip switch in place of the existing dip seemed the answer. I've since found a better one though, so this will probably end up on my chop project.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3561 on: August 23, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »

And this is the wiring module, containing all the fuses & relays we'll need. This will mount under the passenger seat for easy access, covered by the plastic lid that comes with it. Just plug the wires from each electrical component into the numbered screw terminals. Job done. It comes with a full wiring diagram, but I'm glad I'm not wiring the thing up! Over to you Terry T. 
The switch is a 3 way Lucas toggle, (on/off/on), for the 2 electric fuel pumps, (main & reserve tanks), allowing us to switch from one to the other. It'll sit on the gearbox tunnel between the gearchange & handbrake.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3562 on: August 23, 2011, 10:48:18 PM »

Polished wooden pick-up bed? Nope, just a couple of old cupboard doors from Loony's workshop, but we haven't had any sort of floor in here before, so I was curious to see what it'll look like.

poprodder

« Reply #3563 on: August 24, 2011, 07:33:52 AM »

good luck andy over the weekend, i'll be living it up at the nats!!! (sitting outa the way more like!)

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3564 on: August 24, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »

Have fun! Planning on doing as many runs & shows as possible in the Pop once it's done, to make up for missing them all this year.

dobber

« Reply #3565 on: August 24, 2011, 10:21:32 PM »

was flogging the burgers down at a ballonfest thinggy at billing and saw this at a little americana thing on same showfield.

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
dobber

« Reply #3566 on: August 24, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »

looked even better in the sun.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3567 on: August 24, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »

Cool -but ours will be coolerer.   Cool

dobber

« Reply #3568 on: August 24, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »

do like the look,

Cabman77

« Reply #3569 on: August 25, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »

The switch is a 3 way Lucas toggle, (on/off/on), for the 2 electric fuel pumps, (main & reserve tanks), allowing us to switch from one to the other. It'll sit on the gearbox tunnel between the gearchange & handbrake.

(note to self: must remember to leave clearance for fuel pump switch, must leave clearance for fuel switch, must clear lever for fool switch, mus cleave leaner or fool will sit got it now Grin Grin Grin Grin)

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: