May 17, 2024, 12:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564784 times)
spanners

« Reply #4395 on: February 27, 2012, 11:44:03 PM »

Loony also had a pressie. One of his customers is a young lad who works in an office. Loony's de badging & smoothing his Saxo hatchback. All the office staff were recently given new chairs by one of their clients & he donated his to Loony's office. A bit chavvy maybe, but incredibly comfy.

STUFF IT IN YA,, TRUCK,,                      you too can then join the ,,boy racer crew,,,, Smiley
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:55:15 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Bus Boy

« Reply #4396 on: February 27, 2012, 11:55:36 PM »

hope alls goin well now...........just did a bit of catching up wiv this thread.........WOW! tense stuff or wot!

I never wanted to be normal anyways!
dobber

« Reply #4397 on: February 28, 2012, 01:27:34 AM »

funny how we worry even bout other folks projects

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #4398 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »

Excellent News  Grin

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
hunter

« Reply #4399 on: February 28, 2012, 11:11:24 AM »

Great news Andy,I had faith in all concerned Wink
One of these would save you the headache of bleeding,fantastic bit of kit if your on you own,
I once tried bleeding some six pot calipers on a bike that I'm building,the six pots are notorious for this,
I spent hours trying to bleed them,I borrowed one of these job done in minutes.

Forgot to add the important bit,  This.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALEY-VS020-Brake-Clutch-Bleeder-Bleeding-Vacuum-Type-1ltr-Kit-/180820654002?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2a19c037b2
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:29:32 AM by hunter » Logged

I
poprodder

« Reply #4400 on: February 28, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »

great news andy, onwards and upwards.
is there much left on the list now?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4401 on: February 28, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »

It's like American Chopper in't it, but with less overacting.  Tongue
The Odds n Ends list is more or less done.
We need Terry back to plug in the fuseboard so we can run the engine -hasn't been turned over since the last test. Then we can check the exhaust emmissions & decibels. Hopefully the brakes are just down to repeated bleeding now. Kev has some sooper dooper pressure testing equipment, so we should have some idea whether they're up to testable standard or not.
With brakes & a running engine we can bung the seats back in & drive it round the yard -got to see if the steering self centres when you let go of the wheel & if the front wheels lock up before the backs when we brake -both things that are checked on the test.
My continuing task at the moment is to get the gearbox tunnel & footwells back in -in particular, the driver's side. The testers weren't happy with sharp self tapping screws poking through the floor near various components, so I'm reworking everything with overlapping flanges, bolts & captive nuts. I've got a couple of days worth of fabrication to get it sorted, then the curved panels under the dash can go back in too.

I lost another afternoon at the 'shop today though- my bank card was cloned & the bank put a stop on all transactions after an attempted withdrawal -in Spain. Didn't lose any money, but had to spend half the afternoon at the bank sorting it out. Sometimes it feels like the whole World's conspiring against me on this build!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:12:52 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #4402 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »

I've got a vacuum pump somewhere for brake bleeding if you need to borrow it. If so give me a shout and I will hunt it out.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4403 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »

Much appreciated Andy.
Mr Kapri's due back on Thursday -I'll ask him what we need.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
merv

« Reply #4404 on: February 28, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »

Well done Andy,
nearly at the end Smiley

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
kapri

« Reply #4405 on: February 29, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »

I've got a vacuum pump somewhere for brake bleeding if you need to borrow it. If so give me a shout and I will hunt it out.

Yes please Smiley
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #4406 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »

I only expect to see brake fluid residue in it when I get it back Grin Grin
spanners

« Reply #4407 on: February 29, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »

I only expect to see brake fluid residue in it when I get it back Grin Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Shocked Shocked   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
snafu

« Reply #4408 on: February 29, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »

In my experience vacuum bleeders are very good on bleeding standard systems at the conventional points, but, bearing in mind your biggest problem will be clearing the air from the highest point, if I have it right the servo, this will mean cracking the joints and pressuring fluid through not drawing it through.
 The best option is use a pressure bleeder, if you don’t have one or no attachment to the master cylinder i have in the past knocked up something that will do, obtain a spare master cylinder cap, block any vent with araldite, drill a hole in the top to accept a tyre valve, insert tyre valve.
This obviously is not as good a pro system but with thought and patience will work. Only use a foot pump WITH CARE not an air line.
kapri

« Reply #4409 on: March 01, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

Well, we APPEAR to have an all singing braking system though we still need to drive it to confirm.Smiley

When taken for the test last time the service brake ( foot brake with servo) only made 33% against a minimum of 50% .

Secondary brake ( foot brake NO servo) made 23% against a minimum of 25% .

The pedal was initially only about 25mm from the floor when it functioned having a low ,falling rate , pedal ratio and too small m/c bore, and no residuals .Pedal at rest was 150mm from the floor.

Pedal has been remade from 3:1 ratio to 5:1 and realigned to push straight . M/c bore has risen to cope with fluid requirements and residuals fitted to prevent bleedback from the 24" 'head' on the servo. It's also been modularised so sections can be repiped if necc without redoing the complete front to rear pipes.

NOW the front brakes start to apply after only 20mm travel with them being fully on by 40mm travel ! Smiley.

With the pedal fully retracted the fronts no longer drag but that needs to be reassessed once the servo is operating.

Just the servo operational moving test to complete now on the braking side... fingers crossed.

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: