May 08, 2024, 07:50:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: shakespeare county raceway ,petition,  (Read 4102 times)
spanners

« on: March 18, 2014, 10:23:43 PM »

there,s an e,petition going against the possible building of houses on  long marston airfiel ,shakespeare county raceway

i,v signed it via the link on torqued up forum but i dont know how to post the link on here

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
JayJay

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:50:21 AM »

Is this the one?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/62554

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
spanners

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:02:56 AM »

yep thats the one ,cheers,  jay jay, Kiss

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
merv

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:16:33 AM »

signed it

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »

Done.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »

Done.
I'm supprised Tony Cunningplan has not been on with this.

I
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 05:13:35 PM »

done
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 10:09:01 PM »

Long Marston/Avon Park/Shakespeare County Raceway's the only drag track I go to. Can't stand Santa Pod, North Wield rarely hosts major events & York Raceway's too far away. There's been threats of selling the land off before & to be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. It's a big chunk of land that's doing nothing most of the time, on the outskirts of a very wealthy town, (Stratford on Avon). Must be very desirable to property developers. Local councils are all under pressure to fill their new housing quotas & they could build thousands of smart new homes on that site. Waitrose recently built a new supermarket & paid for a new roundabout, just down the road from Shakey -are they expecting a lot of new trade?
You can't blame the land owner for considering it -a bunch of scruffy racers, versus the prospect of becoming a multi millionaire. What would you do?
I whole heartedly support any attempt to stop it, but I suspect by the time it's being talked about on FaceBook, the decision's already been made.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »

i'm guessing the same andy, its gone to far for a petition to make any difference.

poprodder

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »

shakey saved?

http://www.stratford-herald.com/24880-breaking-news-sdc-cabinet-recommends-glh-as-site-for-new-town.html

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

Certainly sounds hopeful doesn't it.

The ruling cabinet of Stratford District Council tonight voted unanimously in favour of recommending Gaydon and Lighthorne Heath (GLH) as the location for a new town of around 3,000 homes.
Members dismissed proposals to build 3,500 homes at Long Marston Airfield along with a plan for more than 2,000 homes that would have joined the village of Long Itchington to the town of Southam.
Despite an impassioned argument against the GLH proposals by Cllr Laura Steele, the chairman of Forse – the group set up to fight the scheme – councillors considered that GLH was the most sustainable and deliverable of the options available.
Heavy emphasis was also placed on the need to consider the employment and expansion plans of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), situated near to Gaydon, with fears voiced that the industrial giant might move elsewhere if the council turned down the GLH scheme.
The cabinet’s recommendation will be put to a full meeting of the district council on 12th May.

Tony oily bike

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 09:12:21 AM »

Its been a long time since this thread was active, but today (Mon 2nd Jan 2017) there's been a Government Press Release about the new-build Garden Villages and Garden Towns.

The first one on thier list is Long Marston in Stratford-upon-Avon...............

Government Press Release
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/first-ever-garden-villages-named-with-government-support

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38486907

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2017-01-02/government-give-go-ahead-for-garden-village-in-long-marston/

Shakespeare County Raceway website currently says "IT'S STILL GOING TO BE BUSINESS AS USUAL FOR 2017", so it could be that if you want to catch racing at SCR, 2017 may be the last year as it'll depend on when the building starts............

Am wondering if today's Goverment announcement will change SCR's 2017 schedule/outlook..........

Anyone know any more info?

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 09:55:09 AM »

"Garden villages" -what a horribly pretentious name for a dirty great housing estate.
Haven't heard anything, but then, with the race/custom season closed at the moment, I haven't really spoken to anyone who'd know. I'll ask Tony Smith, (Cunning Plan), cos he's a scrutineer at Shakey.
Definitely need to be there this year then.

the coppersmith

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 11:04:32 AM »

They have started a garden village near me, basically give's them right to rip up green space. Thousands of new homes but no new jobs!!
hunter

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »

These places are generally a breeding ground for the scum of the earth.

I
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: