May 14, 2024, 10:43:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford Consul  (Read 2343 times)
yoda
Administrator

« on: January 20, 2006, 11:26:28 AM »

Janie's Ford Consul

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Hotrodpageimages/consul/consul.html

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
Plainy Janie

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »

Oh what a beautiful car!!! 

By the way that's Daves feet you can see under the bonnett (he's a bit camera shy).

Thanks very much Yoda!!!  What do you think Andy???

Janie_postie.

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 05:26:31 PM »

My old man had one of those when he was working for the gas board, before he went to the post office.  Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »

Everybody in the World works for the Post Office at some point or other!
That's great Janie. Thank you for that. See, it ain't difficult people. Get your Box Brownies out & send us some piccies. A few words -either a spec' sheet detailing what work's been done & by whom, or a brief history of the vehicle if it's standard, or just a few annecdotes. Whatever you fancy writing. Doesn't have to be Shakespeare. Just nice to see someone else contributing.
Well done Janie. Now when do we get Dave's piece on the trials of rebuilding the Triumph & that tour of your 50s shrine?! Grin
P.S that last piccie. That's a mark 1 Consul isn't it? Yours is a mark 2 surely?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:33:18 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 10:24:45 AM »

Ha! Thought I wouldn't notice you've changed the picture huh?! Thanks Yodie.

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »

I have never and will never work for the post office Grin Grin Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 01:00:13 PM »

Bet you buy our stamps though.  Cheesy

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 08:25:56 PM »

I've never worked for the post office but my old man drove for Parcel Force for a couple od weeks when he was an agency driver.  Then he told the agency what they could do with that job!   But I don't think that counts as post office any more does it?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 09:41:28 PM »

No, totally seperate company from us now. We haven't even got a ParcelForce office here in Basingstoke. nearest one is Reading.
Bobbi, you asked the other day what you could write about your trike cos it's only your bike with an extra wheel. I'd still like to put it in the Motors section cos it's a very tidy conversion. Can I use the photos you sent me a while ago or do you want to take some more in a prettier location?
You could write a few words on what make & model it is, why you went for a trike, who did the work, whether you're pleased with it & would recommend the builder, how long you've owned it, both as a bike & a trike, how it handles compared with it's previous incarnation, how many miles you've put on it, what other mods you might have planned for it, any tips you'd pass on to anyone planning something similar -anything you like really. Half a dozen good photos -the others were fine but maybe you could park it somewhere prettier than your garage area, close ups of anything you mention in the write-up, a shot of it as the original bike if you have it & preferably one of you with it -nice to show owners with their machines I think, (your avatar looks like a nice shot). Wrap it all up in brown paper & email it off to Yodie at the address on the Contacts page.
Thank you!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: