May 17, 2024, 07:37:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 246656 times)
voodoo

« Reply #975 on: June 25, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »

Good stuff Taz,hope the are of use.......Looking good and will look even better painted......Voodoo.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
tazet
« Reply #976 on: June 25, 2010, 11:55:27 AM »

tell me about it  Grin
Mr_G

« Reply #977 on: June 25, 2010, 06:20:45 PM »

Sweet it's home safe Cheesy

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
poprodder

« Reply #978 on: June 25, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »

well done on getting this far, anybody who finishes a project from start to end is a hero.
going from what you started with, your a hell of a lot closer to the finish line than the start!!!
i've not got the stamina to see a project to the end. Roll Eyes

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #979 on: June 26, 2010, 08:06:07 AM »

is anything truely finished?

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #980 on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »

Hiya Taz soz i aint been about Sad That monster is looking soooo sweet i bet U  are right chuffed Smiley take care u lot Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #981 on: July 08, 2010, 08:48:38 PM »

Hi Gareth. Good to see you back again mate. We've broken the website while you've been gone, but hope to have it sorted & back to normal...ish soon.
The lady's gorn orf with the 'orses again for the weekend -competing in ...Derbyshire I think, Maybe. So I'm holding the fort here till she gets back on Sunday.
Yup, good to have the beastie back home, (no, not Taz). Been plenty of times when we seriously thought we'd have to abandon this project, but we've sunk so much money into it & the guys at JC Restorations have put so much work in, that we just had to grit our teeth & slog on.
The doors will need a skim of filler, cos they had to take the outside skins off to repair the rust damage to the frames, & there's still a few small dips in the roof, (a brand new panel, but it turned up from the suppliers in the States looking like it'd been trampled by an elephant), but other than that, she's ready for prepping & painting.
Taz has already started a paintjob fund, but it'll be a while yet before we can afford it. In the meantime, we need to get some of the local Mopar guys round & formulate a plan of action. As far as I know, (she'll probably correct me when she gets back), the interior & the engine bay can be sprayed black. That'll mean we can spruce the motor & gearbox up & fit them, as well as the new steering & suspension components & new wheels & tyres then get the dashboard in, start on the wiring etc. Then the exterior paint can be done as soon as we can afford it.
Metallic gun metal grey with either matching wheels or black ones, with polished stainless trim rings. Maybe re-chromed bumpers, plus a revamped black leather interior.
Still a very long way to go, but at least it looks like a real car now.  Cool
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:36:36 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
NeilG

« Reply #982 on: July 08, 2010, 09:04:46 PM »

When Justine came home the other night the first thing i asked her was "did you see the charger?"
She said "we were going out to look but didn't have time"

I don't know,some people don't get their priorities right
Can't belive she didn't have a nose at it  Huh Shocked

Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #983 on: July 08, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »

Grin You're very welcome to call in & have a nose yourself Neil. It's got 4 wheels & doors & a bonnet & stuff -just like a real car.  Smiley

tazet
« Reply #984 on: July 22, 2010, 09:59:29 PM »

Another film with a 69 Charger in it

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry is a cult 1974 car chase film starring Peter Fonda, Susan George, Adam Roarke, and Vic Morrow.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #985 on: July 22, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »

Looks like Taz's Charger could've been the one in that chase, judging by the damage it had.
Starred Victor Morrow as the cop, who also played the patrolman in The California Kid, as well as Peter Fonda as the driver, who comes to a violent end, the same as his character in Easy Rider, made 5 years earlier, the same year the Charger was built.
-Manky, film anorak.  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:14:34 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #986 on: July 23, 2010, 04:46:58 PM »

We had a visit today from Dave & Steve, (2 Lanes & 65 Nova respectively). They'd driven down from old London town to check out the Charger. I didn't realise that neither of them had ever seen it in the flesh before. As we keep saying, it just looks like a grey primered Dodge now, no different from many others, but if you'd seen the state it was in before, you'd know where all the time & money has gone getting it presentable again.
The chaps brought along a spare front windscreen & grille panel, for which we thank them.  Kiss
Now it's finally home, we need to make a plan & get stuck into it, so Steve, if the offer of free labour stands, bring along a packed lunch & spend the day here as often as you like! Even just cleaning & catalogueing what we've got & what we need would be a huge help. Give us a ring & come on over if you fancy it.  Wink   

twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #987 on: July 24, 2010, 10:37:51 AM »

It was great to finally see the car in the flesh & boy it has had a lot of work done to it & looks fantastic. Now comes the hard part of getting it back together.A BIG thanks for tea guys.
tazet
« Reply #988 on: July 25, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »

Tea offered any time you are here mate  Grin I'll throw in some biccies next time  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #989 on: July 31, 2010, 07:11:51 PM »

No progress on the Dodge yet, but today Taz & I spent an hour or 2 at the barn, shuffling piles of parts about, then moving the Charger into position so we could hoist it up on the lift.
...One day hon, one day.  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: