May 16, 2024, 06:34:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virago 750 Trike  (Read 3868 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 02:07:53 PM »

Reliants have cable operated handbrakes. I like rods cops they don't stretch & need adjusting -& just look tidier & a bit different. Yeah, the handbrakes horizontal on that set-up. The regs just say it must be operable from the seating position. I've seen lots of sideways levers & always think they look awkward to use, but could well be wrong.
No springs on my seat -bouncy bits are for wusses!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »

Doesn't really matter aboiut the handbrake as long as it's there and it works for the MOT - I was told never to use mine or I'd forget and drive off with it still on -

Kee-rect!!!

Embarrassed

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
nabsim

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »

Reliants have cable operated handbrakes. I like rods cops they don't stretch & need adjusting -& just look tidier & a bit different. Yeah, the handbrakes horizontal on that set-up. The regs just say it must be operable from the seating position. I've seen lots of sideways levers & always think they look awkward to use, but could well be wrong.
No springs on my seat -bouncy bits are for wusses!

Mine has rods across the axle but cable to the pivot, is that not reliant standard then Andy?

I am a bit worried about my handbrake as it is hard for me to operate from the driving position. Will have to think something up at some point before someone asks me to demonstrate it in use

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »

Cables from the lever right to the operating arms on the drums on Robins & Kittens, 1973 to 1983, according to my Haynes manual. The later Rialtos would be cable too, so I assume yours is an earlier Regal axle?

nabsim

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 08:45:24 PM »

Cables from the lever right to the operating arms on the drums on Robins & Kittens, 1973 to 1983, according to my Haynes manual. The later Rialtos would be cable too, so I assume yours is an earlier Regal axle?

You will have to bear with me on that Andy cos I am not sure which it is, does this help?
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/nabsim/Trike/axle.png
Virago 750 Trike

I thought the regal axle was the 3 piece jobby that is good for chain drive conversions? I have one of those as well for Caz's trike when I get back on to it. Can get some better pics of the diff if you can't make it out from this but I thought this was a robin?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 11:05:16 PM »

Maybe early Robin? Anyone?

Basket case

3 wheels on my wagon...

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »

Is it my eyes or is that handbrake horizontal? Doesn't look like an easy pull on from driving seat but hard to say without being complete. Don't all reliant axles have rods across the axles, is it just the rod from brake lever thats different here?

Ive got a sideways handbrake on the Micra..its not ideal....needs moving  Roll Eyes

Gazbolok

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 02:30:02 PM »

Shocked oh happy days i think i've just found a lazy b*stards cheat on flebay, not bad for under £300

i want to die in my sleep like my Grandad; not screaming like his pillion passenger
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »

That looks tidy. Same axle clamp idea we use on our trike frames.

Gazbolok

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »

Virago owners seem to be hanging on the their bikes at the mo, mind you that said I am looking for a bargin, always have been a bit tight, can't understand it though never got any money Huh. Argh  Angry must dash, the kids are fighting again, bless em. what's it they say again where theres kids theres a drain on your wallet Cheesy.

i want to die in my sleep like my Grandad; not screaming like his pillion passenger
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: