May 09, 2024, 11:58:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rad  (Read 2146 times)
skates

rad
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »

just done my core plug but as i was removing the rad i noticed that the rad has a metal cradle that the rad sits in. the thing is its rusted and snapped. can u buy this or will i have to get a whole new rad

if at first you don't succeed. hit the fecker with a hammer
RODeo

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

I think you may be reffering to the side pieces which have 2 holes per side with captive nuts? . These pieces are soldered to the rad @top and bottom. when I had my rad recored they renewed the side pieces
skates

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »

looks like a new rad then

RODeo

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »

If the rad is ok,why not buy the side pieces and solder them yourself? OR if the soldered top and bottom ends are ok ,cut the rotten bit out and pop rivet some homemade plates in? My Rad was IIRC about £75 to recon.(new core and sides)
skates

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:27:27 PM »

do u know where i can buy the side bits?

RODeo

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »

I reckon any rad reconditioners should have them .
skates

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »

got well f**ked me around with my rad. 1st off i told him i would drop it off on tuesday at 1.15pm. he wasnt there so i rang him and he said to leave it with the firm next door. rang him tuesday ev to confirm he got it. told him i deff needed it for friday (today). he said no problem. went to pick it up today. a 50 mile round drive. guess wot. he wasnt there. rang him and he said he would be there in a hour but it wasnt finished and would need 2 hours more work. told him to f**k off and keep the rad. had to buy a new one £105. well pissed off. the name is RADICOOL rad repair in higham kent. DO NOT USE THIS FIRM AS U WILL GET f**kED ABOUT

RODeo

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »

Sorry to her that Skates! Roll Eyes Been in that position with stuff like that before. Hope you can now get the rad fitted and its okay now.
              Rod
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: