May 14, 2024, 05:30:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lights, camera, action!  (Read 4807 times)
Plainy Janie

« on: January 18, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »

Only joking.  Just getting excited about my latest purchase.  Original red 50s ceiling lights - yippeee - to go in my kitchen.   They arrived today with yards and yards of that plastic bubble wrap that you can pop for hours until it irritates your partner.

Janie_postie.

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 03:30:17 PM »

For a 50s design they look suprisingly modern Janie -I guess everything's going retro to the point where it'll all merge & you won't be able to tell old from new. Don't forget to write us a little something on your 50s fetish will you! The piece I liked most was the cocktail bar in your front room in the shape of a boat. Very kitsch!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Plainy Janie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »

pictures via e-mail on there way.  I'm afraid I still don't know how to downsize things.

Janie_postie

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »

Yoda gave me the programme for Photoshop & I use that to reduce my files down to 400 x 400 for posting on the forum. I've got it here on a disc. Can post it to you if you PM me your full address, (you know how useless the Post Office are), but you may have to ask Yodie how to upload the relevant bit.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 05:51:31 PM »

If you take your digi camera card to Jessops and get them put on a disc. the first time you put the disc in it installs a very useful program for photo handling without having to do anything clever!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 06:14:25 PM »

Mmm, that's worth knowing Bobbi. Thanks.

Desperate

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 06:15:36 PM »

So I'm not the only light-freak, then? L-R Outer-Space (picture inside moves), Small rocket, Flying Saucer (planets orbit in dome and outer LED's flash) Aquarium light (like Outer-Space). All came from car-boots. At the back...Rocket Lava Lamp, cost more than a small car. Bought it at Billing @ 15 years ago. Other picture, Ball Lamp. Had it 20+ years.

www.chrisireland.co.uk  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
Plainy Janie

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »

Thanks Bobbi, I will try that.  It took me nearly three hours to try and reduce my pictures and email them, and I've had an email back from Andy and Yoda saying they haven't received them.  Doh!

Janie_postie

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 09:13:41 PM »

Is this light thing some new fetish I've not discovered yet? I'm only a beginner -used to have your small rocket lamp in yellow Chris. Used to be a great stall in Camden Market that sold nothing but old lamps. Once I've finished all the current projects -if I EVER finish 'em, I'd like to try metal sculpture, (see the wedding pressie in the Miscellaneous section). Maybe lamps could be my new niche market?!
Janie, if you're still having problems, burn the piccies onto a disc & post 'em. If you have words to accompany 'em make sure they're in "Rich Text" format so Yoda can read them, or write them in your word processor & send as an email attachment. Coo, I sounded all techy & knowledgable then didn't I! Grin

Desperate

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »

I also have a nice old cocktail cabinet. I'll post a piccy tomorrow.

www.chrisireland.co.uk  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »

MankyMonkeyHomeFurnishings.co.uk

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 11:20:58 PM »

They make those lava lamps just along the road from here in Poole.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 11:22:20 PM »

Mmm, that's worth knowing Bobbi. Thanks.

It's not as good as Photoshop!  Simpler tho.

summer

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 12:05:05 AM »

used to be a brilliant shop in Newcastle called Flip which sold imported 50s American clothing - I think it's closed now *shame*

however - did manky ask whether you'd been featured in a magazine for living in a genuine 50s style house? Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 11:26:26 AM »

Hiya Summer Honey! Nice to see you back here.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a branch of Flip in London too. Was a few years ago though. Racks & racks of old sports jackets & bowling shirts & stuff.
I used to go up regularly on the train for the monthly Saturday night Chelsea Cruise, (custom cars), when I was a teenager.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 11:51:33 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: