May 13, 2024, 11:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Migraine?  (Read 3976 times)
nabsim

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »

I get bad sinus headaches that have nearly all the same symptoms as migraine but I don't usually get blurred vision. The effect is the same, feel physically sick with pain and have to go lie down. The big difference is that Sudofed do the trick for me so if I have those I am usually okay pretty quickly. It could be that you had this Andy, as has been said though eye test as well

Firery Fred

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 07:30:47 PM »

I'm lucky, I don't suffer from them,but burning the candle at both ends when you're getting no younger can't help mate  Wink

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »

Tell me about it. Getting well & truly singed these days.  Tongue

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
yanto

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 08:29:13 PM »

bugger i thought i was just getting head aches
but now i don't know wether its i am going blind a stroke or having a baby Shocked

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »

I've had migraines on and off for years but nowadays I mostly only get the vision disturbance - not so much blurred vision but 'waves' ans 'sparkles', and letter disappearing from words.

Years ago I used to get the ones where you can't talk right - know what you want to say but it won't come out right.

I used to take Migraleve but you still have to lie down till it works and then you feel washed out for the rest of the day.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
NeilG

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »

Andy if you need any info ask Justine next time you see her,she'll help you

Also get yer eyes done,thats when i know i'm due an eye test,when my head hurts  Roll Eyes
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »

Sounds like I'm overdue an eye test then -& you lot are a right bunch of sickies!  Tongue

ROD

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 04:58:18 AM »

Just my 2p............
   Maybe 10 yrs ago,I suffered from mega headaches that lasted days ,couldnt find a cure ,just loaded meself with ibrurofen and laid down ,covering my eyes whenever I could.Then over a period of months whenever I watched the tv ,I kept promising SWMBO that I would go adjust the TV aerial,cos the pic was fuzzy. She just blanked me,until one evening ,she said I dunno what youre moaning at ,the pics fine ! She grabbed a magazine,and covered one of my eyes as I watched the tv. Christ !,I couldnt see a thing out of the other eye!! (TBH it had got so bad ,I as we drove around here and there ,I had to ask her what the Motorway signs read up ahead as we approached junctions!)............ went to optician ,glasses prescribed ,all now OK!...BUT its a right pain in the ars* having to keep swapping glasses nearsight/longsight before you are gonna do some cutting of metal,or welding etc.Just a way of life now tho'! Broke a few pairs in the garage doing heavy stuff,and have had a couple of lost glasses panics before getting on the plane for hols etc,(one of which was very funny,)but now found a guy who makes up the prescription glasses at the price he charges the shops. Shops are on SERIOUSLY HIGH profits! Apparently the lenses cost pence to make! Im paying about £25/pair with auto tinting lenses. Shops wanted £95! I go to areputable optician to get the test done ,then give prescription to him.Didnt know previously that you are allowed to have the prescription once theyve done the test ,as always got the whole lot done at one place.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:05:07 AM by ROD » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 07:56:04 AM »

Sounds like I might need some double glazing then.
I'll get a test -promise.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 01:45:51 PM »

The answer to the swopping glasses thing is have varifocals like I have!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
ROD

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »

Tried but cant get them made as my left/right lenses are so different in prescription!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 10:49:22 PM »

Shouldn't go to Specsavers!

ROD

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 03:58:33 AM »

Grin Roll Eyes
Stephen Mac

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »

Thought you might like a set of these.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/Stephen_Mac/1.jpg
Migraine?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: