May 14, 2024, 07:14:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I getting old, or are youngsters getting stoopid?  (Read 4409 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »

It's not just youngsters that are daft.
As you've probably read elsewhere, I've recently broken up with my girlfriend & moved into a rented room. I'm a Postman & deliver to the house I'm living in.
I had a parcel for my landlady this morning, so instead of ringing the doorbell, I let myself in with my key & walked into the lounge with it. She was chatting to another old lady who was visiting.
Is this a new Post Office service then Andy?
Yup, we deliver right to your sofa now.
I couldn't believe it when the other lady said Really?
No. Not really.
I should've just said yes & walked back out.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »

A friend of mine is a primary school teacher, and she asked a class of (I think 8 year olds) where chips come from, expecting the answer to be potatoes.

The answer was "the freezer miss".

She explained the theory of the older folk, that its actually potatoes, to a class of somewhat confused youngsters.................

bless..........

Anyone remember the Monty Python sketch featuring "Bicycle Repair Man" ? In a land of superheroes, only BRM could actually mend bicycles, to the amazement and awe of the general population   ----  anyone starting to see the similarities     HuhHuh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01xasUtlvw

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
iancheshire

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »

Jes - you musta bin posh with lectric and stuff! when it was cold Dad used to suck a peppermint and we would hang around his tongue to warm up - Christmas time he would go outside and let the shotgun off and then come in and say that some b~~~~~d just shot Santa and there would be no presents!
Plasticpig

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »

First memory of colour TV was coming home from primary school one day to find the Beatles on the telly, playing live. I watched for several minutes before it suddenly dawned on me that they were in colour! I also vividly remember my parents camping out in the living room in sleeping bags to watch the drama of the Apollo 13 mission unfold, cos there was only one TV in the house.

When I were ladd.......  we didn't have a telly at the time, and we went to our neighbours to watch the moon landing, with seemingly half the street as well.

And I used to sleep in t'box int middle of road!
dave 67

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »

First memory of colour TV was coming home from primary school one day to find the Beatles on the telly, playing live. I watched for several minutes before it suddenly dawned on me that they were in colour! I also vividly remember my parents camping out in the living room in sleeping bags to watch the drama of the Apollo 13 mission unfold, cos there was only one TV in the house.

When I were ladd.......  we didn't have a telly at the time, and we went to our neighbours to watch the moon landing, with seemingly half the street as well.

And I used to sleep in t'box int middle of road!

You had a box you lucky bugger we had a bush to sleep under

never to old to learn
Olds

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »

You slept under a bush, sheer luxury.
When I were a lad, ad to sleep on't barbed wire fence and glad we were of it too.
You youngsters don't know...........

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Daddy Bear

The older i get the faster i waz

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »

i know all about the black stuff was an Electritian in the Mine for 13 years  and some youngsters can beleve that we actualy went down a hole in the ground to get it bless   DB   i worked on this face
trev

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 11:48:26 AM »

correction,you were an electrician,you slept on that face.

yes but can blue men sing the whites?
Daddy Bear

The older i get the faster i waz

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »

deliberate spell mistake  but at least i stuck at it lol
kevsky

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »

0nly one tv ,kids today would think they were living in poverty
I remember being the first family on our estate to have a colour tv
thats only cos mum worked at baird televisions and could smuggle bits out one or two components at a time the only thing that had to be bought was the cabinet
god only knows how the tube was smuggled out

reality sucks thank god for religion
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »

One piece at a time, Johny Cash style.

klogan45

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »

I was talking to the kids about cheese the other day, the reason escapes me but when I mentioned Goats and Sheep milk cheese some of the kids thought that I was taking the p1ss.
They really didn't know that all mammals produce milk. They thought that new born lambs ate grass and only grass. You can imagine how they got really confused when I mentioned mice and kittens drinking milk, and not the stuff from the local supermarket in plastic containers.
I got replies like... " Mice don't produce milk ...baby mice eat cheese that their mum's get for them. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »

Scary ain't it. And soon they'll be allowed to vote & drive cars & everything.
The kids, not the mice.

poprodder

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »

think some of them are running this country now!!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: