May 14, 2024, 01:32:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Or Ural?  (Read 3671 times)
andyrennison

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 11:24:02 PM »

Depends how you approach it surely. if you get it at the right price and MSVA it could be a nice machine, couldn't it ?

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »

Precisely. Just got to factor the cost of the MSVA test & possible re-tests, plus any remedial work necessary into the cost you're willing to pay for it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
rob62

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »

Dick B---o-  ged it nuff said  Grin

Hope its not the one i use  Angry
kapri

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »

MSVA your trike & it's legal -problem solved. It's really not worth trying to sneak around the regulations any more.
Ask those who've built & registered trikes here & they'll tell you it's not as difficult as some believe. If you've built it properly then you should have the confidence in it to get it tested properly.

Totaly agree and correct me if i am wrong but isn't the MSVA just around 180 quid, that is steep but acceptable. But i Really do think the 450  and 90 retest for IVA on kit cars is extortionate.

Though saying that you get a list from your first fail and 6 months to put it right, no real reason why you should need to do more than one retest, 2 max.  At the end you have  totally legal bulletproof vehicle that must be worth at least the cost of the test / retests more than its ilegal counterparts ?
digger06

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »

and the rest, your turning something thats worth little more than scrap into a legal road going machine, thats worth good money imo.
tbh, i think all the reliant v5,d ones need pulling off the road asap, theres a lot of nice machinery that will easily msva,
but theres some right dangerous pieces of scrap out there too,that wants sorting or getting off the road,
its the bad uns that gets laws changed and makes life difficult-er for everyone else
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:53:19 AM by digger06 » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »

"no real reason why you should need to do more than one retest"

-took me 3 goes.  Sad

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »

Just how much are ivas  and msvas. i never found a list anywhere 500 was a verbal amount i heard quoted but seen nothing official. what does it cast, and the retests. Huh  I have a early Marlin i have no use for but Cycle wings and a few mods as on the well troden locost route could squeze it through an IVA and a lot eassier than the old full wings and screen original ever could. The wings are the problem cycle wings and one clock no screen  helps a lot i heard. 
digger06

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 07:40:44 AM »

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_10018282

not as bad as you think,,,,,
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:43:47 AM by digger06 » Logged
digger06

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 09:17:44 AM »

this uns a beuty, says its road legal
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280960121859#ht_1209wt_1344

when i asked about the v5
got this basicly saying it isnt,

"""""""""""

Its not a big problem to get it registered legally, No reason why you cant buy one....then fill in DVLA forms.

Or even find out before you buy one, what the procedure would be.....

I have had dealings with VOSA with my trucks, they are not as bad people make out.... they give you a warning and a notice to get anything rectified. I wouldnt say you would go to prison for driving or riding a trike that has not been correctly registered."""""""""""
rob62

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »

I wouldnt say you would go to prison for driving or riding a trike that has not been correctly registered."""""""""""
true you wouldnt go to prison...just be 2 grand out of pocket when it gets towed away and crushed
The North

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »

I know this is not relating to these trikes, But Individual vehicle approval IVA, i have never seen a price for this and cant find one. All i have ever found is forum talks on it and vague figures passed about never seen anything official or near it. can anyone help, or have they changed the IVA title to something else now.
terry t

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »

I know this is not relating to these trikes, But Individual vehicle approval IVA, i have never seen a price for this and cant find one. All i have ever found is forum talks on it and vague figures passed about never seen anything official or near it. can anyone help, or have they changed the IVA title to something else now.
Have a look here at all the info. near the bottom of the page is the fees
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_177879
The North

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »

Thanks for that terry. It is not clear on what classes relate to what type of vehichle, and the page that as further PDFS was not found for some reason. But it looks like 450+ vat for a kit car from what i can tell pluss 94+ vat retest. How do they justify that price ? Ok you could recoup some money when you sell the car but it looks strong money to me for a 3/4 hour test.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »

Well, is it any wonder then that there are so many vehicles around that appear to have a degree of "artistic licence" regarding their registration category? and whatever the test, there will always be correctly registered rubbish out there, just be selective people,and if you don't know yourself, take someone along who does, simples, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: