May 08, 2024, 07:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The end of unlicenced breaking  (Read 706 times)
minimutly

« on: January 01, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »

Firstly happy new year to all.
Last night at the local pub I got talking to the proprietor of the local scrap yard (as in scrapyard, not car breaker). He told me that the EA had got legislation through parliament to make unlicenced breaking illegal - ie could be prosecuted.
Ok, so what you say? Well imagine you want to build a project, buy a donor, strip the engine out, scrap the rest. Could you end up with a fine?
OR, your daily driver is past it, you buy anothe car of the same type, keep the engine "just in case", could you end up with a fine?
I know all this is a long way away from selling bits on ebay, but where will the line be?
It must be said I haven't done any research on this, so could be making too much of it, but it sounds like it has the potential to change our hobby drastically, again, I guess?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 07:20:26 PM »

Something else to keep an eye on.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: