May 05, 2024, 11:45:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zombie movie made on a really small budget, it really is excellent  (Read 3034 times)
klogan45

« on: August 22, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »

Here's a link to a really good zombie movie, it was made locally (on and around Dartmoor) and on a really small budget.
The makers called in a lot of favour when making the movie. It's only 47 minutes long but there's not much superfluous 'chat' like there always is in a lot of 1+1/2 hour movies. You've got to have a look if you like zombie movies. It's well worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwPlTYjCQWA

Enjoy.
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
klogan45

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »

Just checked and the link does work............well it did for me so hopefully it will for you too.
Regards
K

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »

Ooo-err, I don't do scary movies!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
klogan45

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »

Hey Andy, it's not that scarey Grin Grin Grin well worth a look, you never know you may enjoy it!! More of an action movie with zombies in it. ( That's in it not 'Innit' Grin)

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:52:58 PM »

Zombie chavs -now that is scary!
I finally realised a few years ago that it's O.K to admit you don't like horror films. Sat through quite a few as a lad cos all my mates did, but still remember the gory bits now & still find them disturbing. Not my kind of thing at all. I'll stick to comedies, sci fi & thrillers thanks.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Cabman77

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:03:23 AM »

try seeing the Exorcist, at leicester square odeon, "ON ACID"!!!!!!!!!!! then coming down from the 2nd circle the bl**dy lift gets stuck between floors. I was like a pile of poo in the corner when the firemen opened the door. I can laugh about it now  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
voodoo

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »

Not bad for a budget film at all...Ive got about 300 Zombie films & a lot of the higher budget are not as good as this lol......Shame whoever made it did not research Military kit or practice but if you dont know about any of that its entertaining...Voodoo......

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
nabsim

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »

Ooo-err, I don't do scary movies!

You and me both, it was ages before I watched Shaun of the dead, I thought it was a proper horror movie not a cemedy Smiley

klogan45

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »

We all have our likes and dislikes, Andy, I can't stomach 'rom-coms' at all.

Hey Voodoo, I admit that I don't know bugger all about military kit or practice but even with no knowledge at all some of it didn't 'ring true'.  Like when they came up out of the river no one checked the bank behind them. That said I thoroughly enjoyed the film, easily pleased, that's me ask Mrs.K
 Grin Grin

They won a couple of prestigious awards at some film festivals. Not bad as it started life (or death) as a 3 minute trailer type thingy.

There's al;so a blog for the film that makes interesting reading. The 'Command Centre' was the computer suite at Torbay college in Paignton. The wall is real its on Dartmoor somewhere, I never even knew it was there DOH!
They made the film for around £5K and a lot of favours..................ooh eerrr missus Grin Grin

Regards
K

Archie

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think this had a mate in it? He looks a lot like the first zombie that gets shot.

How recent is this?
kevsky

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »

5 grand worth of film what could they do with a hollywood budget
got the thumbs up from me
love all the new type vampire and zombie movies
got a dvd from poundland called COLIN well worth a look and yes it only cost a quid

reality sucks thank god for religion
klogan45

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think this had a mate in it? He looks a lot like the first zombie that gets shot.
Grin Grin We all have mates that look like that, Don't we?

I thought that one of the 'lady' zombies was really the mother out law Grin

It was premiered first released during the later part of last year at Exeter.

klogan45

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 07:41:59 PM »

yes it only cost a quid

Bugger, there goes my next question, you know us all too well  Grin Grin

Archie

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »

Possibly not then.

Thought it might have been him as he did get zombied up for an independent small budget film.
klogan45

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »

Hi Archie, I know that late last year another independant Zombie film was being shot somewhere around london, not heard anything about it since though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: