May 10, 2024, 05:14:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laugharne Castle, Pembrokeshire.  (Read 4098 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: July 16, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »

Tazzie & I called in here during our day trip to Wales last week. The castle itself had shut for the day, but the surrounding area's beautiful. A winding path up to the castle remains gives a gorgeous view out over the River Taf.
Welsh Poet Laureat Dylan Thomas, ("Under Milkwood" etc), had a house here but created most of his work in a small converted garage with that same view of the river.
Even if you don't have the soul of a poet, it's a lovely spot to enjoy the splendours of the Welsh landscape.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

I've been there - it was a Round Britain Rally landmark one year.  Lovely spot.

Didn't get much chance to look around cos I got buttonholed by an old gent with 8 British bikes in his garage!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Speedmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »

I stayed in Laugharne last year, lovely place.  If you ever go there again, try thr Portreive restaurant/bar (think I spelt it right Tongue ) brilliant place, good beer, good food, good atmosphere.  It's the only place I've been told off by the owner for trying to pay the bill Huh I think she was a bit stressed at the time.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:47:15 PM »

Very Picturesque

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
klogan45

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »

Are you sure that it's wales coz I did'nt see any sheep.
Very nice place and good pic's. I was going to say 'good pic's Tazet' but you probably took them MM, another situation like the handwriting eh. lol

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
tazet
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »

Yup I'm sure It's Wales and yes Manky did take them. I don't have a camera as my old one gave up the ghost.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: