May 14, 2024, 02:22:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: bummers chop project  (Read 25988 times)
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 10:09:24 PM »

dont get me wrong ive got some ideas in my head if they are any good or possible to acheive is another question, but i started with a chopper as its what i had to hand and i figured what i learn from this i can apply to my trike when i get it started  but i do have a z650 chop to do as well before unless i can figure out how to chain drive the rear axel ,maybe using a quad rear end or something . but that will have to wait   
reliantman

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »

Don't worry about it, mate.
When I first started bending bits of frame I did two sides, and then realised that I had bent two right hand sides.
I went on to do it properly after some cursing, and as Andy said, the spare bits are never wasted.
blair

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »

thought as i had stolen hornets thread i should update my progress. since last time i have managed to build my yolks and for something that a machine shop could turn out in a day mine took bloody ages. after cocking up the fisrt set i decided that i would bolt the 2 together before boring any holes and this worked well but i found the holes were to neat and at .9 mm under would need honed out . i used a cheap thre legged one but had to make my own stones as they wore out pretty quickly

once i got the holes large enough and tried them i had to counterbore the pinch holes his sounds easy but i ended up taking them round my to my mate to do as my pillar drill just vibrated all over the place and at the cost of a pint i was happy

blair

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 10:54:31 AM »

i used a bandsaw to cut the basic shape and the pinch slit although this almost went tits up as the guides used in machine were wrong causing a wonky cut on the test peice , once that was fixed i tapped the pinch bolt holes and hey presto

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »

Nice. Very nice.
God there's some annoyingly talented people here.  Tongue

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 12:21:49 PM »

yeah yer right there im starting to feel my humble existance here is futile Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »

How do you think I feel -I have to make everything by hand with hammers & files. No power supply in my lock-up, no power tools & no talent. Sad

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »

lets go hide in da shed then Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 02:51:04 PM »

Grin
Taz & I are off to see FLC later to collect her girder forks. We'll be away for the weekend so I'm trusting you lot not to break anything here while we're gone! Wink

blair

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »

slow progress since last post , didnt like how big the top bolt cap was so i machined it a little deeper and then made a new cap , to keep the cap small i bought a couple of small mill cutters and set them into the bench drill and just moved the cap around. its not a professional job but it'll do .
i also made the risers from stock bar bored through a 23 mm hole through sideways and then the mounting bolt and pinch bolt holes from underneath so they would be hidden from view , means i have to set the bars up a little differently from normal but i think it looks better then cap screws on top

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »

Very tidy. It's definitely worth making that extra effort isn't it. 

texon

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:40 PM »

Hey Bummer that looks realy good  Cool like the the way the nuts are done Wink and if you hadnt made the mistakes it prob wouldnt have looked the way it does now and without the problems you learn nothing so keep after perfection one day we might all be so lucky  Grin  Grin  Grin
blair

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 01:05:32 PM »

further update
ally has been following the man in back street and said i have to hide my coils in the tank , i was unsure but i gave in and did it , not quite as good a job as his but as the tank is tiny anyways i didnt want to take up to much room or i would only get 10 mile per tank . i also didnt like the strut bar from the down tube to the back tube so i fabricated a cover plate that i can remove . this will allow me to hide the electrical connectors to the head

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:08:39 PM by bummer » Logged
blair

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

next on the hitlist is to convert my backwheel from drum to disc  Huh
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:09:06 PM by bummer » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »

Some nice metalwork there. Very tidy solution.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: