May 14, 2024, 02:23:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bulldog Bash Hello  (Read 5398 times)
retro900

I Love The Blues They Tell My Story

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »

The gate was down this year, 18,000, a shadow of last years 50,000, i put that down to 3 things, the weather and the lack of a big name band and the police prescence. Last year was Status Quo, they brought 5 thou through the gate alone.
On the saturday night the entertainment compere announced total offences as 1 defective car tyre, so i assume the 26 were pulled on the way out. Now forgive me but i've always found that a sharpe knife is a godsend when camping. I'd like to see stats breaking down knives by type, i bet most were the kitchen variety.
Theres NEVER any trouble on site, i believe this is because of the amount of sweet smoke in the air, i've never seen a fight, but i did once witness some swift biker justice administered to a wonker who crashed a trail bike into a market stall.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:37:15 PM by retro900 » Logged

"Ony Bikers Understand Why Dogs Like To Stick Their Heads Out Of Car Windows"
http://www.bikepics.com/members/retro900/
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »

I remember the fire. One of the burger vans burnt down during the night. The gas cylinders exploded & shot across the site like missiles.
I've never been interested in the whole ruffty tuffty bike gang thing. The Angels usually completely ignore us lightweights unless you give them a reason not to. I've seen one or two miscreants being discreetly led away to a quiet corner by large gentlemen over the years, but you don't hear much about it unless you go looking for it.
One & a half million's worth of security on the gate & they got it for free!
That's Brock on the far left of that piccie, Retro far right in the cap & yours truly in front of him. My old XS750 Yam on the right & Retro's 883 Sporty behind the Virago.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
lunatic

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 09:15:31 PM »

I like your stylish fingerless gloves manky!  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »

I was a trend setter!
This afternoon I bought a new pair of trike riding gloves -a little optimistic I know but what the hell. Very similar to your workshop mechanic's gloves Loony. They're actually heavy duty gardening gloves -less than a fiver from Homebase.

lunatic

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »

I might have to get myself some of those. Much cheaper than the mechanix ones i've had, and you can shred them on sharp sheet metal in less than a day if your not carefull!
brock

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 09:16:28 PM »

Brock bought me a pair of proper mechanics gloves when we were in the states especially for cleaning the stones off the tyres on the Pig,they lasted all of 5 minutes   :(not bad for $60. We then nipped down to homebase in Stratford and picked up some heavy duty gardening gloves for a fiver.I'm still using them.

Mrs Brock
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 09:19:22 PM »

Shame you didn't mention to Loony & PD about the stones sticking to the super sticky rubber -they shredded their hands the first time they tried to brush 'em off!

brock

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 09:31:41 PM »

All part of the learning curve for new crew.
One little tip to pass onto them,if Brock gets them to sit in the car while he warms it up and it's on axle stands tell them to make sure he doesn't let go of the brake until they are safely on the floor.
I was stood on the trye getting out of the car one day and Brock not paying attention let go of the brake while I was still balancing on it,now I know your probably thinking that's not very high up but believe me when your stood up on it and it starts to spin under you it's a bloody long way down especially head first.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »

Anyone else think that mrs Brock deserves a medal? - or several!   Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »

For marrying him?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »

Isn't he married to his motor?   Wink

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »

Aren't we all.

retro900

I Love The Blues They Tell My Story

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »

Damn, as i've got 3 bikes does that make me a bigamist?

"Ony Bikers Understand Why Dogs Like To Stick Their Heads Out Of Car Windows"
http://www.bikepics.com/members/retro900/
tazet
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: