May 19, 2024, 03:04:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: dobbers trike  (Read 164977 times)
dobber

« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »

didnt think of that presumed the rod would be sided. got to take it out as got oil leaking from between engine and box, presume its the seal on the crank.

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »

Either there or from the front of the gearbox. Both are fairly common.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
RODeo

« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »

Fifer...I didnt see a return spring on the reliant when I stripped it,but remembered from my A35 days that there was one to hold the thrust back off the pressure plate. I believe that the a35 manual says there should be 3/8" play at the pedal (in an ideal situation with no worn linkages,which incidaentally the A35's were prone to !!)  . I put a return spring from the bottom of the clutch arm(moved to l/h side) to a bracket on the g/box x-member,dead in line with the operating rod to the pedal. I searched my boxes in the garage and found a longish spring that would pull the arm back,but with not a lot of pressure required to pull it,so this also helped the  'soft' clutch operation. I think the spring was from an Angle Poise desk lamp!
 Dobber...If you do swop the arm to the left,those roll pins can be a right barsteward to get out mate.
dobber

« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »

wired the triangle head light up today.  looks good and actually has a triangular beam. dont know what i was expecting but still surprised me.

dobber

« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2012, 06:56:48 PM »

started to wire up the rear lights, got one side done and run out of wire. drilled the frame and fed the wires through using a piece of inner cable that zakboy sent me donkeys ago, thanks again zakboy.

dobber

« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »

probably have to blank off the number plate lights that shine downward. also because there led will have to put a resistor in to make them flash. the bit between the top, indicator light and bottom brake and tail is just the reflector bit.
  could do to get a pair of chrome front indicators with stems if any one has any for sale. bought some trail bike types for a tenner but were angled wrong and plastic
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:03:07 PM by dobber » Logged

zakboy

« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »

lights look cool dobber  Smiley

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »

Obviously, the wires should be protected by rubber grommets where they pass through the frame tubes.
That beam pattern's weird!

terry t

« Reply #383 on: February 05, 2012, 08:10:47 PM »

wired the triangle head light up today.  looks good and actually has a triangular beam. dont know what i was expecting but still surprised me.
is it E marked it dont look right  Huh
dobber

« Reply #384 on: February 05, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »

hi m/m . when im all done i gonna strip the bike completely and do some gussets and more welding. then put it back making sure every details done. makes this sorta a dry run. will rattle can it with a top coat, tidy the loom etc
 lights got the right marks terry, checked before i bought it [i think] looks good in the flesh. same with the back led,s...
proper weird pattern tho, looks like an insignia, like a startrek com badge. may put it as a tank emblem
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:42:01 PM by dobber » Logged

fifer

« Reply #385 on: February 05, 2012, 08:39:32 PM »

Originally posted by RODeo  ;
I searched my boxes in the garage and found a longish spring that would pull the arm back,but with not a lot of pressure required to pull it,so this also helped the  'soft' clutch operation.
I think the spring was from an Angle Poise desk lamp!

Never thought about using that to get a light action clutch  Grin

Originally posted by RODeo  ;Dobber...If you do swop the arm to the left,those roll pins can be a right barsteward to get out mate.
Dobber , to add to Rodeo,s post ; when you do get them out , after replacing the roll pins , insert a splitpin through the middle .  The roll pins have been known to shear and this mod gives them a wee bit strength

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #386 on: February 05, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »

proper weird pattern tho, looks like an insignia

Worked for Batman!

dobber

« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »

is it E marked it dont look right  Huh
terry , had a gander today and couldnt find the marks. do they have to be on the glass

zakboy

« Reply #388 on: February 06, 2012, 11:45:06 PM »

It may not be E marked dobber and dose not have to be..... but it  has to meet the same standard as an E marked lamp for msva
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:47:49 PM by zakboy » Logged

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
dobber

« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »

after trying to swap the clutch arm on the gearbox to the left i realised i was flogging a dead horse, front and back seals leaking, gasket on rear bit gone and one of the mount threds knackered.  called my mate to see if he had a box for sale, as said on other thred he had a recon, never used. swapped him for a gas bottle.
   carbon bearing was well goosed so got one from the reliant guru at pennistone.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: