May 15, 2024, 11:50:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: IRS ON RELIANT AXLE ???????????  (Read 8525 times)
zakboy

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »

That's good news and a relief to hear, thanks rob,  any pic,s of your trike  Smiley Smiley all the best zak 

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
rob62

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »

will post some pics as soon as i work out how complete luddite at these things  Grin
zakboy

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 06:33:56 PM »

take a look at the thread posting pic,s, some Ware at the top of the general discussion page there,s several ways of doing it, it just working out witch is the easiest way for you, Wink

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 12:26:07 AM »

thanks for that byzmax one more point if i may, will the rose joints on my swing arm help to releave some of the stress at the pivot points on the frame as these allowe a little camber or flexing if you like beetween the swing arm and the bike frame,

You should not have any movement other than the vertical movement of the swingarm.

If your using a 20 year old frame it will have already taken a pounding. You need to strenthen the area around the swingarm pivot. You might be ok without it but that frame is not designed for the purpose you intend to use it for. Also Trikes generally don't get used much. For most it will be less than 2k a year so problems such as stress fatigue will take longer to show up.

The point is. Your life will depend on the details like this. In my earlier years I bought trikes and rode em without a care but had a couple of failures that luckily did not result in any serious injury but it was luck...... The reasons for the stress failures where obvious after they had happened but not before.  Wink

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
zakboy

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 04:22:32 AM »

thank you byzman . Smiley think its a little difficult with a bolt on to strengthen  arount the pivot points up, with you not being alowed to weld to the frame, there is how ever one place to bolt in a brace across the pivot points on the virago  wich i will now be adding.zak
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:18:16 AM by zakboy » Logged

rob62

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 08:37:19 AM »

Must admit to being paranoid about the frame cracking around the pivot points, check them obsessively every time i clean the trike, but up to now no probs....touch wood!!
zakboy

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 09:25:17 AM »

i think your right rob,I'm very safety conscious,and have always given my trikes regular checks but not just for my owned sake but for any one i may sell the trike onto i would hate to think i had sold on to  some one something that may course them Serous injure or worse.zak

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 11:04:36 PM »

thank you byzman . Smiley think its a little difficult with a bolt on to strengthen  arount the pivot points up, with you not being alowed to weld to the frame, there is how ever one place to bolt in a brace across the pivot points on the virago  wich i will now be adding.zak

You can weld parts in to strengthen the frame but you must not alter the original cradle. For example cut it

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
zakboy

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 01:16:38 AM »

thank again byzmax Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: