May 06, 2024, 02:58:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ignition  (Read 2034 times)
spanners

« on: June 24, 2016, 05:29:26 AM »

looking for an ignition system or set up for my xs 650   its had some bits from around the points area at the end of the cam  ,,borrowed and never returned  so i need to know whats missing  and either a standard setup or electonic set up to replace it

help and ideas please

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 05:57:12 AM »

Lots of info and images on the net Mike. You just need to search for it. Without having the bike we can't say what's not there. Roll Eyes
Try mikesxs650 site.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
spanners

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 06:25:57 AM »

bike should be here monday  or tuesday ,, went for it last night  but its blocked in/buried with stuff belonging to somebody else and i didnt want to mess about with another persons belongings  so i have to wait a couple of days

looks like its just the points cam of he end of the camshaft thats gone missing

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
spanners

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 04:59:49 PM »

think i may be lucky  i,v found some bits on ebay  ,,got a bid on them,,just a few hours to go ,,

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 05:33:03 PM »

Good luck! Mine already had Bowyer electronic ignition fitted when I got it so no spare parts I'm afraid.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: