May 21, 2024, 12:06:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheels Day 40th Anniversary - Dunsfold, Good Friday April 18th 2014  (Read 20505 times)
JayJay

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 11:29:34 PM »

For any of you who didn't get the chance to pay on Friday, you can pay directly to the charities the SSRs were supporting via Wheels' Day.

Sebastian's Action Trust (http://www.sebastiansactiontrust.org/donate/donate_now.php ) by simply clicking on the one-off donation link (you are offered various ways to pay)

or to

Shooting Star Chase (http://www.shootingstarchase.org.uk/support-us/ways-to-give/donate/ ) by clicking the large purple donate button on their page.

Both do amazing work with children with life limiting diseases and have both received our support over the years!

Your donations will be greatly appreciated.

Many people have been getting in touch with the SSRs to donate, especially as they know lots of people didn't because of the SSRs stopping the collection in order to get the vehicles in the grounds more quickly.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Archie

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 06:19:31 AM »

It is a shame, but gives a bit of time to rethink it. I think the pre84 idea is good as it will clear down the showfield a bit and also hopefully not attract certain types who come with that style of car - I saw someone whinging about an official turning their audio demo bmw off because they were trying to play music.

They're getting a lot of unfair stick and can't believe people are going to the length to be abusive - there's nothing to be abusive about, even the queuing, if you were late you had to queue at rushmoor - I know this as it used to come up to my house a couple miles away!

Stupid stupid people out there. SSR shouldn't listen to them or just tell them not to bother coming next time.
the coppersmith

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2014, 08:21:13 AM »

I often wonder if these "people" have their own hidden agenda, Lets knock 'em no matter what, so as JJ says lets all support the SSR and hope they may reconsider. I drove up from Plymouth and got held up both ways, hey, it was Easter and it was dry. So no real surprise to find it crammed with visitors. As said earlier it fell down because it was so successful.
kapri

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »

Jayjay, when people start to throw around accusations about money ( I didn't see the posts but heard about them ) to me it says far more about THOSE posters than anything else. It's judging others by 'your' own poor standards,e've  had it levelled at ACE , even though we are completely self funding and pride ourselves on that fact as it allows us to remove completely impartial.
Baychimp

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »

I didn't think the queueing was that much of a problem,Manky tells me that when they have the Wings and Wheels day at Dunsfold the traffic is as bad if not worse. What they should have done is collected the money on the gates as they did at Rushmoor. This then turns the whole site into the arena the same as Aldershot, and it could have been set up in a slightly different way. I hope they have a rethink and decide to hold another show.
The Whingers and the detractors can then stay at home, and the rest of us can have a good day out. As for the money matter you always get someone who throws out that old chestnut,and other people then jump on the Bandwagon as it winds people up. Come on SSR give it one more try I will certainly attend, along with a whole Troop of Monkey I suspect.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »

There's always people who'll accuse others of misppropriating money - I even had that from the supposed treasurer of our bike club because I passed some Charity cash direct to the charity AND got a receipt!

I don't know these people but I can well understand them not wanting to tackle putting on the event in the same form again, I've been part of events that got too big to handle and there's just no fun in it any more.  And if it ain't fun, what's the point of doing it?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2014, 08:19:46 PM »

Don't do facebook, but got pointed in the direction of this little gem ..................

Wheels day IS to continue!!

SSR over the coming few weeks will meet to discuss the changes that are to occur, look at what problems have arisen from this year and others and effectively create a 'new' wheels day.

Thank you for the support you have offered to SSR and please continue to do so.

We are exceptionally excited by this news and very proud to be able to share with all of you!!! Keep watching for more updates

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »

That's great news! Now let's hope all those who pledged to help, actually do, (I'd quite happily wear a marshal's bib for a couple of hours).

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Baychimp

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2014, 10:09:49 PM »

I've seen you eat, a bib would certainly help. Cheesy
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2014, 05:07:41 PM »

Don't do facebook, but got pointed in the direction of this little gem ..................

Wheels day IS to continue!!

SSR over the coming few weeks will meet to discuss the changes that are to occur, look at what problems have arisen from this year and others and effectively create a 'new' wheels day.

Thank you for the support you have offered to SSR and please continue to do so.

We are exceptionally excited by this news and very proud to be able to share with all of you!!! Keep watching for more updates

Sorry guys, it appears that this was a false statement and not issued by SSR. F****** facebook, it should be hung out to dry!!

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »

Really? Poo.   Sad

renegade53

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/287293/album/649205?view=2

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2014, 10:11:36 PM »

A very comprehensive set of photos Dave.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: