May 08, 2024, 09:29:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood "Souped Up Sunday" 3rd Oct '10  (Read 1479 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 24, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

Sunday 3rd October 2010
8am -12 noon
Entry -free

One of a series of themed monthly Sunday morning meets at the historic Goodwood motor circuit, on the Goodwood estate, just outside Chichester, 60 miles from London, 30 miles from Brighton and Southampton.
October's "Souped Up Sunday" is aimed at customised, modified & performance vehicles of all ages. Entry's completely free, but the advertised English fry up breakfast is a bit pricey. There are several catering vans onsite though for those of us with shallower pockets.
Taz & I went along to this last year & despite the absolutely torrential rain, there was a good mix of vintage race cars, modern hot hatch types & a sizeable contingent of rods, with one guy driving down from Scotland to attend. Lord March, owner of the Goodwood estate, is a custom fan & runs his own model A pick-up. Last year his guest of honour was Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, another big car fan. Can't promise any famous faces this time & after last year's downpour, can't promise blazing sunshine either, but worth a drive if you've never been, if only to take a look around the period buildings & gantries of the race circuit.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfast-club/whats-on/events/bc-october.aspx

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/getting-here/getting-here-google.aspx

Goodwood House,
Chichester,
West Sussex
PO18 0PX
Telephone: +44 (0)1243 755000
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:20:16 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »

Free entry to a Goodwood event - not to be sneezed at!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »

Smiley Taz will be working & I'll be at the Surrey Street Rodders' picnic run, so if anyone's going, take a camera along please.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:11:21 AM »

Free events at Goodwood?

Actually there's quite a lot, here's a site that will let you know about some at least (hope the link works)

http://www.goodwoodmarshalsclub.org.uk/default.asp?agency={4CDF61A3-08AF-4642-B41B-82998291D563}&pageID={9A306B95-8CEB-453C-BC1C-2ED68B9D113C}

www.goodwoodmarshalsclub.org.uk

I've been going to car sprints there since about '82, way before the big re-vamp of the place, never any charge.

Here's a couple more for this year

Saturday October 23rd - Vintage Sports Car Club

Saturday November 6th AC Owners Club

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »

Excellent!  Will make a note of those......

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
panthershaun

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »

had hoped to make it but it looks more likely that I'm going to be pop building with my welding guru  Wink Wink Wink

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: