May 20, 2024, 08:12:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1567078 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8655 on: April 09, 2016, 06:01:20 PM »

Grin It all goes around & around -like a wheel. Centre boss is just fine.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #8656 on: April 09, 2016, 06:05:02 PM »

i bet its like looking in the mirror andy!!!!! lol

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8657 on: April 09, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »

Tongue

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8658 on: April 15, 2016, 08:46:01 PM »

Anyone making any progress at the moment?
Seems like it's glorious sunshine while I'm at work, then pouring with rain the second I finish here at the moment. My day off today -so obviously it was sunshine as I drove to the workshop then torrential rain for the rest of the day. I've made a tow hitch bracket & welded it to the cradle that holds the rear fuel tank, (2 tanks, the cylinder in the pick-up bed & a smaller reserve tank under the back end). Purely for off-road use, when my brother borrows the Pop to tow his drag car to the start line at race meetings. He's used it before & simply tied a rope around the tank cradle, which bolts directly to the chassis. I thought I'd treat him to a proper towing eye this time. No photos as I was pushed for time, measuring up for the bracket, then unbolting the tank & cradle from the back of the Pop, welding it together & finally driving it to the powder coaters before they shut for the weekend.
Literally had to lay on my back in a stream in the yard outside the workshop to unbolt the tank as rain water poured down from the surrounding fields. I was drenched right through by the time I got home.
Come on Summer. I'm fed up with the rain now.

Olds

« Reply #8659 on: April 16, 2016, 07:04:17 AM »

Progress ? Not much, I can hardly move. but at least you are getting something done. Personally I might have waited for a dry day to work under a car in the yard. Water really does flow across there like a stream.
Hope you checked the cradle still fitted, after welding and before taking it to the coaters.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
minimutly

« Reply #8660 on: April 16, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »

You posties are made of stern stuff..
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8661 on: April 16, 2016, 04:03:47 PM »

A mate posted on FB today........

I've said it before and I'll say it again
Global Warming
It was a lot warmer, when it was colder

I tend to agree.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8662 on: April 16, 2016, 07:37:21 PM »

Cheesy
Hope you checked the cradle still fitted, after welding and before taking it to the coaters.

Didn't have time before the powder coaters closed & was thoroughly soaked & fed up by then, so took a calculated risk it'll fit.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8663 on: April 24, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »

Lovely sunny afternoon here yesterday -at last, so after working on a couple of bits for my bike, I got back to rubbing down the filler on the Pop. It really is a soul destroying job. I keep plugging away at it until I'm fed up with it, then leaving it for a while & coming back to it. So it's been going on for months now. There's not really much thickness there, (you can see plenty of bare metal in these pics), but it's spread over virtually the whole cab to try & blend the various curves together that didn't exist before. Just when I think it's just about there, I spray a coat of zinc primer on it & it shows just how far I've still got to go. Poxy Pop.  Sad

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8664 on: April 24, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »

You can see the pile of filler dust on the ground around the cab here. 90% of what goes on gets sanded back off again.
Still waiting for the fuel tank cradle to come back from the powder coaters. That's the tank sat in the pick-up bed. We started off with a modified Reliant tank, then an associate of Mr Kapri made me a new one. Need to get underneath & slap some paint on the chassis before it goes back in. Won't be pretty, but it'll be black.
I'm really pleased with the stance & general look of the Pop, but I've got bogged down in the details now. Trouble is I don't want to take it out in public half done, cos it'll just annoy me. It's getting there, but we're already halfway through April. Got to be driving it soon, somehow.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:49:29 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8665 on: April 24, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »

New old stock 1275 Mini steering wheel sat in place, with the centre cap from the Moggy Minor wheel we started with. Although the wheel's never been used, the paint's terrible on it, with several runs in the black & big brush marks in the silver, so it'll get re-sprayed in black 2 pack.
The cab looks a mess at the moment, cos it's full of filler dust & half done bits n pieces, but once it's cleaned up & painted, (no point till I've finished covering everything in dust), it'll only take a couple of afternoons to fit it up with the interior upholstery panels, seats & dashboard -I hope.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:50:14 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Baychimp

« Reply #8666 on: April 24, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »

Don't worry mate. By the time you get it back on the road people will think its new  one you have built. It will be all admiring looks and photo taking again.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:24:39 PM by Baychimp » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8667 on: April 24, 2016, 09:52:04 PM »

I'm hoping to do a few more London trips in it over the Summer, so will need a co-pilot who knows the area.  Wink

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8668 on: May 19, 2016, 07:03:25 PM »

No progress on this for a month or so while I've been trying to finish my bike. With that project on hold for a while though while I source some stainless exhausts for it, it'll be back to the Pop over the weekend. Got to get it done now -I've just applied for entry to the Camberley car show in September.  Smiley

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #8669 on: May 19, 2016, 07:35:47 PM »

I'm hoping to do a few more London trips in it over the Summer, so will need a co-pilot who knows the area.  Wink
I'm an ex London cabbie born n bred there too,but not sure I wana go back in an old hotrod ? Wink

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: