May 05, 2024, 10:38:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: yamaha xs850  (Read 2975 times)
tbone

« on: April 23, 2006, 06:57:52 PM »

my latest project, a 1980 XS850. The bike was bought as spares or repair on ebay for £200, the guy said it was running bike n just needed tidying up, yeah rite!!!. When i asked for the V5 his reply was ` am selling it for a mate n he`s lost it, when asked for the key he said ` i havent got one, it dont need one anyway cos the switch is broke`. Sound dodgy yet?Huh
Well, after i got it home i had a check done by the dvla and apart from the fact it was registered as black n silver, n it was actually green and white, all was well. PHEW!!
What you see below is the stage i`m at now,having just done the prop, the only jobs left are exhaust, rear brakes and rear indicators. Hopefully if i remeber, i`ll try and write these up as i do them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:26:00 PM by tbone » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:20:57 PM »

That'd be great. Thanks.Write each job up as a seperate article, add a couple of explanatory piccies & I'll badger Yodie to put it in the Tech section of the Motors bit.
My first two trikes were a his 'n' hers matched pair of XS750s. The girlfriend's blue one is in the Motors, 3 Wheels section. I had 3 or 4 XS650s, 3 XS750s I think & 1 XS850. Also recently owned a cut down XS1100 for about 3 weeks before selling it to Summer & Gypsy who plan to trike it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: