May 16, 2024, 04:24:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dodgers tow bar  (Read 4202 times)
spanners

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »

Isn't the axle pushing the pivot bolts not pulling?? I see no problem ..  Huh
my point exactly

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
hunter

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »

Isn't the axle pushing the pivot bolts not pulling?? I see no problem ..  Huh
my point exactly

When you corner the the axle pushes and pulls on the pivot bolts,
And with the roads we drive on,I think we would turn a lot of bends.

I
v8dodger

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »

hu hu hu love it, push ,pull and all that sounds like me wife directing   when im drunk lol, bugger this im fiting it the swing am  end off ,kev has this and it works. Smiley
nabsim

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:58 PM »

Well l did say it's only my thought and they are based off tow bars on cars. It's not acceleration or braking that would bother me it is the extra sideways pull on the swing arm bearings. I have no idea how much there is though and I guess this would be minimised with a swivel hitch though.

There shouldn't be stress on engine/gearbox casings if done right Zac. My BM has a subframe that mounts at the same place as engine/gearbox that hold the shed known as a sidecar on, is a bit heavy and the loads put on that are big. Saying that BM say it shouldn't be done though.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: