May 14, 2024, 09:06:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: bummers chop project  (Read 25995 times)
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »

got some stuff done today . finished the wiring to the switches got the forks polished up and fitted after finding the air valve thingy. also got the wheels on . the front has to cone back off as i need to go to the brakers and get a speedo cable to fi the drive and get a new set of discs. as for the back end it has to cone off too so i can grind down the mudguard strengthening because i made a bit of a misscalc , when i set it up originally i used a worn tyre which may have been the incorrect thing to use . but hey ho .
also a bit of a bugger though as i just broke a stud of the bottom of my seat so i will have to strip it and fix it .

may get it fired up the morn though  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin 
andbolt0

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »

looking good very nice
tazet
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »

I really like that Bummer. Very very nice  Cool
hornet6

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2008, 09:07:14 PM »

its looking really good mate.Ive still made no progress at all.The basic frame is done ,but trying to get some money together to get an engine is holding me back.As soon as i start to save it something crops up and i have to dip into the fund.One day,one day

no projects ever finished
blair

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »

many thanks. there will be a big smile on my face when i get it started again , oh and tazet its ok i haven,t nicked your colour scheme its metallic alluminium not grey.
H6 i thought you were away to canada or some ware ? any ways tazet just posted links to heaps of engines on ebay , but my advice would be to get one with full wiring loom . i managed to make a basic ignition loom to get the engine started but to hell with trying to make one that includes lights and stuff. 
hornet6

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2008, 02:53:16 PM »

hi m8. its not canada,its california ime going to. i dont go out until the 2nd week in august,and will be away for 2 weeks......dirty job but someones gotta do it Cheesy Cheesy.thanks for the advice about the loom. i followed that thread last night about the engines on ebay and i think ive found one. not my original choice,which was a big single,but instead i might be getting a bandit 600 engine.Theres a breakers at walsall thats selling a couple of em in my price range(cheap),so gonna try and contact them to see if i can have a look at em before i purchase one.I know i was trying to hold out for a big single but couldnt find one anywhere locally, and i think to be honest with the size of the frame it may have looked a little lost inside it. 

no projects ever finished
blair

« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2008, 08:00:09 AM »

hi h6 , sorry i knew it was somewhere on that side of the globe but couldnt remember exactly , anyhows nothing wrong with a bandit block ive got a bandit that my bro genorously gave me for doing the brakes on his trike , never let him or me down yet and you should be able to get a loom for it no problem at all. i would put the thumper block into your next built that way you could start with the block and built the frame to suit it .
blair

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2008, 08:58:36 PM »

just a wee update. ive just taken my chop for its maiden test run around the works car park. was worried about the steering with the trail on the steering but its fine , only just got to fit the exhausts properly , fit and bled the brake lines and connect the brake light switches and fit mirrors then its mot time . so ill be taking it to the saints and sinners rally , yeh hey  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2008, 10:57:48 PM »

You shall go to the ball  Cheesy
I'm insanely jealous mate. You've built a tip top show quality bike in the time it's taken me to make half a mudguard for my trike. Git. Angry
So a rally report & a bike write-up soon then?  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
blair

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

yep no problem at all MM . as for show quality i think not . The photos make it look better than it is and i think i could say "could do better" , so next one may be show quality , anyways the boys at my work think it looks like the bike in the great escape  Huh   
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2008, 11:18:41 AM »

You're too modest Sir.
And your workmates are Muppets.  Tongue

blair

« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2008, 09:17:12 PM »

well its all done know and its mot time on friday , i shall let you know how it gets on.  Huh
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »

Fingers well & truly crossed for you.  Wink

willy

Telford Shropshire is where you can find me

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2008, 10:34:42 AM »

hope all goes well for ya

blair

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2008, 11:58:40 AM »

FAIL  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry

not that bad though  Smiley

headlight not showing a patern
front brake binding ( wasnt when it went in - was when it came out )
front brake lever has inadequate travel ?
exhaust system to loud

front disc worn ( advisory )

only bugger is that i have no time now to get these things sorted  Huh
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: