May 08, 2024, 08:32:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: nec pics  (Read 4265 times)
yoda
Administrator

« on: October 28, 2005, 05:45:22 PM »

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk/Image/nec2005/nec.html

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »

yet again a fine set of photies yoda only one complaint who was the fat baldy bloke who kept getting in the way on album 1?Huh Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 05:17:49 PM »

Heh heh! Rainbow, Flap & I will be there tomorrow but hardly worth taking the camera -can't see I could improve on Yodie's shots, plus he went on press day while I'll be there with a million other oiks so no chance of a decent photo.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Jonnyfp

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 08:20:14 PM »

*blub*

recognition eludes me yet again... Embarrassed

I am the Fluffy grenadier
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 09:24:37 PM »

Aww Jonny! Of course, I didn't think -SOMEone had to take all those shots of the Wheeled Wonder's women. Belated compliments Sir.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 09:32:35 PM »

Never mind Jonny - I think being a baldy man rather suits you, sir!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Jonnyfp

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 09:00:49 AM »

Grin

its not just vanessa upton who can pout..lol

I am the Fluffy grenadier
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 05:53:16 PM »

Who?
Well, Rainbow, Flap & I spent the day at the NEC yesterday. Got home absolutely knackered. I hired a car, (VW Golf, very flash), & we got there by 11.0.clock -having had a mild panic cos we forgot to change the clocks. Thought we were an hour late to pick Flap up, but he wasn't ready anyway. Time keeping isn't our strong point. Not sure what is actually. 7 quid just to park the car!  Shocked Not owning one, I forget you have to pay just to park it & really resent having to. 13 quid each for advance tickets, (15 on the door). A quid for a can of Coke, a fiver for a sandwich, so not a cheap day out. Busy but not as heaving with people as in previous years. Flap & I have gone regularly for a while now -once a year or so actually! We both thought it seemed smaller this year. Lots of clothing stalls. Couldn't find anyone selling nuts & bolts. Only one tool stall. Los of very smarmy, overly friendly marketing people. It's all a bit...I dunno, sanitised & plasticy & Joe Public friendly -which is who it's aimed at I guess. The Ally Pally show in January or February has a more biker friendly feel to it I think. A nicer venue, more variety, more every day biker stuff for sale, plus we take the bike to that one. Lots of others do too & you can park right outside the building instead of being hidden away somewhere as you are at the NEC. 
Liked the new Triumph scrambler thingy, still want the Army version of the Enfield India & was quite taken with the new black retro looking Ducati, though I've no idea what model it was. Liked the big, boxy, quirky looking BMW too in black & silver -again, no idea what it was. Favourite bike in the Custom Extreme section -probably one of the least showy. The glossy black GSXR, (?), engined street bike that several people in the 100% Biker forum have picked up on too.
Still managed to buy more than we'd planned to of course. Rainbow toured every single clothing stall there, before buying a new set of leathers at the first stand we'd gone to -why DO women do that?! Plus she bought some very sensible heated handlebar grips for her Fazer & a headlight for her trike, (20 quid for a nice, chromed 7" jobbie from M & P -bargain). Flap found a ground anchor & padlock & chain for his trike, & also bought one of the new, rather fetching BSH "Triker" T shirts. The orange & black colours match his trike & it features a line drawing of my all-time favourite trike -a silver Harley, from Holland I believe.
I bought a new chop/girlie calendar for my garage & Rainbow treated me to not one, but TWO new angle grinders -well they were 10 quid each so it seemed silly not to. Now I can inflict twice as much damage on myself! -Hmm, wonder if that's why she bought them? Had to buy my own sanding discs though -5 for a tenner.
So not a bad day out. Very tiring traipsing around all day & was glad to finally get home again & crawl into bed.
Having a day off from trike building today so more cutting & welding & grinding tomorrow.  Cheesy

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 08:54:24 PM »

Glad I didn't go, that just reminded me of all the reasons I decided not to go agin!  Exhausted just reading it...........

Nuts and boltsa Mr Monkey?  You want that nice little show at Shepton Mallet in February!  Nuts, bolts, tools, strange unusual parts for strange unusual bikes, food and drink at slightly less inflated prices and edible as well!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 09:18:05 PM »

Yup, we're always drawn to stalls selling strange & unusual stuff! Hoping to finally have ALL the Manky projects on the road in time for the Shepton show in May. Used to be a great show but has waned a bit in recent years. Still a useful target date though. Did the Welsh National for the first time this year & will definitely be going back to that. The BMF show at the other end of May has a good autojumble & is good for cheap clothing, but again, we thought the actual show was smaller this year. Maybe we're just getting fussier?!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 02:04:01 PM »

I always go to the Shepton one (can never remember what it's called cos there's one there in May as well) cos it's not far from homr and usually a reasonable day weather-wise, so makes a good rideout - only been there twice by car, and one of those was because I was in plaster!

Not much else to do at that time of year, always bump into folks I haven't seen for ages, always come home with one or two useful tools at sensible prices - I'm looking forward to it already!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 10:15:35 PM »

Post the details in the Events section when you know them please Bobbi. Might just see you there. Wink

contail

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 03:11:28 PM »

johny and yoda were the models. dont know y they have them women there.

its better to die happy than live unhappy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 03:18:15 PM »

Rainbow was disappointed there weren't any semi-clad blokes for her to ogle. Obviously she should've gone on press day for Jonny Baldy Bloke & the Wheeled Wonder.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »

The last toime i went to the nEC show I emailed the organisers to ask why there were no scantily clad men for us ladies to admire - did I get a reply?  Did I eck!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: